More Kudos To Canada

-
I think it was good too. Neat how they did the floor and great to see a standing ovation for the country who lost an athlete. Good luck to all whom are there.

The ice and whales was cool...if anyone is nearby, my wife would really like a pair of the red mittens they are selling. I guess they say they are $10.00 at the venues and $200 on ebag...

did you not see this part?....................."The Olympic torch malfunction confused the torch bearers and the audience. The four torch bearers were Wayne Gretsky, Nancy Greene, Steve Nash and Catriona Le May Doan. The Olympic torch malfunction involved Catriona Le May Doan's pillar.

Three of the pillars worked and the fourth failed to function, the cause of the Olympic torch malfunction. Catriona Le May Doan stood by trying not to look out of place while saluting the audience.

According to Sports News, the Olympic torch malfunction was apparently caused by a hydraulic syste malfunction. "

amateur compared to the chinese.

Hmmm Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony was estimated to cost over US $100 million with lot more human resources put into the preparation.The Opening Ceremony to the 2010 Winter Olympics set a record as the most expensive Winter Olympics Ceremony ever, chalking in at about $30 million.
Hard to complete with China's budget.

Not cool that the indoor cauldron just took an impossible length of time to rise up which was a failure in itself. You see, the fact that, at the end, one of them didn’t rise up was extremely embarrassing for the organizers, and more important for us Canadians which are the host of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.Someone got a lot of explaining to due over that one#-o

I dunno, I tried watching the opening ceremonies, and it was more like being on a bad acid trip!!!

FF

Tell me that's a mistake or that I am reading it wrong?8) Please.

No you didn't read that wrong. And it is a mistake. Not enough coffee in my system after getting to bed at 1:30am and waking up again 7:30am (not enough sleep for an old guy). Here, I'll correct that for you, Dave: "the wife being a daughter of a Canadian." 8) (Her name is Sarah, after all.:-D)

But you still didn't answer if Canada has day-glo trees which bleed the sap of day-glo pink and day-glo green to be able to color the "native" costumes. :-D

No you didn't read that wrong. And it is a mistake. Not enough coffee in my system after getting to bed at 1:30am and waking up again 7:30am (not enough sleep for an old guy). Here, I'll correct that for you, Dave: "the wife being a daughter of a Canadian." 8) (Her name is Sarah, after all.:-D)

But you still didn't answer if Canada has day-glo trees which bleed the sap of day-glo pink and day-glo green to be able to color the "native" costumes. :-D

Now that I know that I can start drinking again,lol.8)

I been looking for those trees for 30 years!

did you not see this part?....................."The Olympic torch malfunction confused the torch bearers and the audience. The four torch bearers were Wayne Gretsky, Nancy Greene, Steve Nash and Catriona Le May Doan. The Olympic torch malfunction involved Catriona Le May Doan's pillar.

Three of the pillars worked and the fourth failed to function, the cause of the Olympic torch malfunction. Catriona Le May Doan stood by trying not to look out of place while saluting the audience.

According to Sports News, the Olympic torch malfunction was apparently caused by a hydraulic syste malfunction. "

yes, thanks for the critisism, I thought the show was fantastic, and the torch bearers recovered nicely to the malfunction.

As far as those Day-glo trees are concerned, I see them everyday on my way to work. Your meds just aren't strong enough.

Did you watch the rest of the show or just that part? :angry7:

Yes, Chinese hydraulic malfunctions are much more PITA, ask anyone with a Chinese built Mahindra.

Loved the spoof on the torch arm. More kudos Canada. Great closing....Oh...I'm sorry....will redesign Swiss Army Knife to pick up after itself.

Thank you Canada.

BTW....y'all got some foxy RCMP.

Loved the spoof on the torch arm. More kudos Canada. Great closing....Oh...I'm sorry....will redesign Swiss Army Knife to pick up after itself.

Thank you Canada.

BTW....y'all got some foxy RCMP.

And huge beavers.... er.... ahem...

Seriously:

This Winter Olympics has been nothing short of spectacular. I think Canada has done an excellent job hosting it, as well as Vancouver itself being a great location, and a gracious bunch for putting up with the mayhem in their city.

If Canada gets any cooler, global warming will be stopped cold.

-
Back