Morphed

-
see....there are still some us ol' hot rodders out here that appreciates something other than a LS transplant.
...........not that there's anything wrong with that.
an LS swap is great, in a GM vehicle, or an orphan.... i prefer a Ford in a Ford & a Mopar in a Mopar.
just my 2 cents

I’m not sure I would have been able to cut that car, but being he bought it new, its definitely his choice.
I think it’s an awesome build !
well, it wasn't a "1 of 586, as someone else posted" when he bought it -- it was 'just' another new car.
that means there are 585 more produced, cut it up.... make a hot rod.

well, it wasn't a "1 of 586, as someone else posted" when he bought it -- it was 'just' another new car.
that means there are 585 more produced, cut it up.... make a hot rod.

Well Im guessing there is maybe 50 to 100 left if that. Im not a big fan of 73 & up, but if we keep cutting.....

A few yrs ago I read about a hemi car that was like one of 23, the owner was loaded and had a chassis shop cut it up. Very Stupid when you could just go get a 318 car and have at it

Last edited:
I hope you realize thus is not an LS swap
of course not, it's a body swap. i've seen a couple 2nd-gen Charger on an LX Charger and this looks just as complicated. i think the "way back machine" may be more complex than this one, not sure though. either way, it is a good prep for this. great work, i'm looking forward to seeing more progress notes/pictures.....
THANX for sharing it with us

Well Im guessing there is maybe 50 to 100 left if that. Im not a big fan of 73 & up, but if we keep cutting.....

A few yrs ago I read about a hemi car that was like one of 23, the owner was loaded and had a chassis shop cut it up. Very Stupid when you could just go get a 318 car and have at it
how many restored to factory stock do we need before it's okay to modify them? why do so few people restore 318 and /6 cars to factory stock? it's because nobody will pay the same as for a Hemi car or a 6-pack car, even though the lesser model may be more rare....

how many restored to factory stock do we need before it's okay to modify them? why do so few people restore 318 and /6 cars to factory stock? it's because nobody will pay the same as for a Hemi car or a 6-pack car, even though the lesser model may be more rare....

It’s because 318 and /6 cars are really freakin boring

The construction of the trunk floor extension has begun.

20180514_153310.jpg

Love it. Old time hot rodding brought into the present day. And the satisfaction of creating something different. Keep up the good work.

This is amazing. I had to read it twice just to make sure my eyes were working. Subscribed

This is amazing. I had to read it twice just to make sure my eyes were working. Subscribed

Working on it as we speak. The trunk floor is taking shape. I was able to retain the dusters original trunk floor drop offs. And add a filler to the challenger floor to attach to them. I am currently mating the wheelhouse halves together. Once I have them in place I will finish welding the floor solid.

20180528_132642.jpg

20180528_132630.jpg

20180528_132417.jpg

20180528_132403.jpg

Awesome and amazing work so far, that's you going to be one bad *** car when your done.

Out of curiosity Ric, is that a V6 or Hemi Challenger chassis you've got?

-
Back