Most comfortable work boots?

-
I'm with ABJoe, I run between 12-13 so I gotta try them on for proper fit.

what style? did you make sure they have the Anti-fatigue?

Joe, I got the same ones that were in the link you sent. Yes, with anti-fatique, Timberland Pro 6".
They offer free return/exchange if they don't fit, and I got 30% off with free shipping.

I just started a new job that requires a lot of walking / standing on concrete. I remember seeing this thread so I searched and read through it.

I decided to go with the Timberland Pro Helix. Great boot. Really comfortable even after 10 hours. They have the Anti Fatigue technology that really helps. They're a bit heavy, but after a few days it didn't bother me. It's my first time wearing Timberland's and I highly recommend.

...And they make me about an inch taller!

Last edited:
I but fence a,d did construction work for 30 years and tried about every boot there is. Really like the Georgia boots. Ariat work boots are really highquality and comfortable on my feet. Everyone's feet and opinion on what's comfortable is completely different though

I but fence a,d did construction work for 30 years and tried about every boot there is. Really like the Georgia boots. Ariat work boots are really highquality and comfortable on my feet. Everyone's feet and opinion on what's comfortable is completely different though

I tried on the Georgia boot, but it didn't feel as good as the Timberland Pro.

I agree, we're all built differently and one that works for one may not work for the other. I'm glad I ran across this thread as I had no ideal of the better better boots to try.

Ill be buying a new pair before winter and ill probably try the timberland this time. Think they have a composite toe winter boot and my wife can get them through work for $55. Normally$140. I can't handle steel toes during the winter!!!!!

Dang, that's a STEAL, for sure!! I had to pay $140 for mine. I don't think I'd want steel toes in the winter either!!!

Luckily I don't need steel toes, I went with the waterproof soft toe.

Ill be buying a new pair before winter and ill probably try the timberland this time. Think they have a composite toe winter boot and my wife can get them through work for $55. Normally$140. I can't handle steel toes during the winter!!!!!

My time in the military makes me lean towards Danner boots.

Red Wings too!

Dang, that's a STEAL, for sure!! I had to pay $140 for mine. I don't think I'd want steel toes in the winter either!!!

Luckily I don't need steel toes, I went with the waterproof soft toe.
The place she works has a boot program where you get a huge discount twice a year. I got my last Georgia boots for $12 a pair. Then a pair of Ariat work boots, and a pair of keen hiking boots for $40 a pair. Too bad the rubber boots I want for bow hunting don't qualify.lol. still $180 for those

Timberlands here as well. Seven years so far. Three pairs. 7 days a week.
I dont own anything more comfortable.

I was a big dinner guy until my wife talked me into a pair of keens. Was a good switch.

I LOVE the keen hikers she got me. Super comfortable and light!!!

I have done the Redwings & the Timberland. preferred the Timberland Titanium Toe. 12+ hours in them was no issue, after 8 I was dragging the Redwings.
felt like the boots were lined with lead they were so damn heavy.

Take a look at The Union Boot Pro they are 100% made American made in Wisconsin.They steel and composite and soft toe in many styles and sizes.

I work on concrete 12 hrs a day the struggle with boots is real! Most comfortable I have found was timberland pros but they dont last long. I wear them out in about 3 months. I recently went to rocky's and they are comfortable at first but not for 12 hours. I just got a pair of timberland steel toe shoes and they are ok to but the TB pro boots are hard to beat for the first 3 months. I used to wear double h boots cant find them anymore around here. I have never tried redwing according to this thread I may try them next year when I get my boot allowance.

I have never tried redwing according to this thread I may try them next year when I get my boot allowance.

you will regret redwings.. they will last most likely but are very expensive and not very comfortable.. they used to be the "thing" because they were american made.. most of their line is made overseas now.. they are usually labeled made in usa or overseas in the redwing stores so its easy to tell them apart.....

this is an old thread so i'll update my experience...

2 years ago our company forced us to shop at redwing. we all thought it was ok at first because we got a decent discount and always heard the redwing praise....

as guys went to the stores they found that even with the discount they were spending more then what they were buying timberland pros for... they also found that it was difficult to find a redwing that fit them nicely.. i ended up finding a pair that fit my foot nice but they were not insulated but figured i'd try them even though it was even more out of pocket cash then the timberlands i have worn for years.. holy **** what a horrible boot.. beat the hell out of me walking around on a 12 hour shift.

turns out everyone including management hated the redwings.. so we pushed the issue with our safety guy (who also hated redwings) and got the company to once again allow up to buy what we wanted and they would just give us our allowance.. if you walk through our locker room you'll see 90% of the boots are timberland pro.. no redwings..

Last edited:
And businesses don't lose money when they reimburse for boots that are required safety items. It's a write off for them.

-
Back