Motor Mount Bolt Size?

-

ADHD426

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know the bolt size for 73 Spool Mount Motor mounts. I need the bolts that attach the mounts to the block, and the bolts that go through the mounts to attach it to the frame. Thanks!

Andrew

im on it ....i am the duchess of bolts here ...i will have you a good awnser in 20 mins .....its now 3 P.M. california time :D

Well, the through the frame bolts are 3/4 hex if they are the same...That would make it a 1/2 bolt...IF....

Passenger side ....

Attachments

• CIMG1608.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 964
  • CIMG1609.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 811
  • CIMG1610.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 803
  • CIMG1611.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 920
driver ....pics show what direction the bolts go which is important on the pass. side bcoz the the alt bracket uses one the bolts on later models

the driver side is same as pass. side ....the upper right hand is the shorter 1 3/4. bolt on driver side

so its a total of four 1 7/8 length and two 1 3/4 length and the frame bolts are same side to side

all the nuts are 11/16 wrench size on the to block bolts 3/4 on frame nuts

Attachments

• CIMG1612.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 761
ten mins late ....bcoz i had to pull them off the engine :D

1974 360 ....out of a 74 duster

I'm resurrecting this thread out of curiosity, not dire need.

I'm installing spool type mounts in a custom installation. The saddles were cut from a "newer" Dodge truck, and the mounts are stock Anchor replacements. A 1/2" bolt fits the hole in the mount, but not the slot in the saddle. The slot measures 15/32", which is smaller than the minimum 1/2" bolt dimension.

My question. Did the factory at some point change the long mounting bolt to perhaps a metric size?

I can simply grind out the slot to accept a 1/2" bolt, so it's nothing more than another annoyance, but I'm curious.

-
Back