Motor mount

-

72Dart360

Reaction score
Why is this happening? I have solid up front and polyurethane at the trans. My sixty foot time is 1.46 off Trans brake at 3500.

Attachments

• 1432334384423-772308953.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 183
What is it, a crack? Go 3 solids (or why poly only in the back?) Elephant ears an option?

put a chain from the left side of the engine to frame. i put a turnbuckle so i could a adjust the pull down. i had 1982 250 HD. 360 engine. the front left bolt is a 7/16. i got one longer chased the threads longer, so the head of the bolt faced the front with two nuts at the ear. got a turn buckle put the full round loop on the bolt next to the head. and the other end fell in to hole all ready in the frame. it looked very clean.

A third solid mount, tends to break stuff.

To me that looks like the wrong engine bracket.I have never seen a biscuit bracket with a shaped side. They are always a channel like this [ . This one seems to be a right side bracket and if thats true, the engine is just establishing where it wants to be.
The brackets bolt to the rear of the engine ears, with no spacers of any kind.
Notice the mount is still on the K-frame in the correct position.
Are the rear cross member,transmission, and trans mount stock, or stock replacement?
It almost looks like the rear is hanging low.

I dont agree with that.
The engine has slid aft, and left the biscuit behind.
Theres only so many ways this can happen; 1)the rear mount has failed, or 2) the K is moving on its bolts, or3)the chassis is coming apart,or twisting, or 4)the wrong engine brackets are on there.My money is on 4 or 1.

Are the rear cross member,transmission, and trans mount stock, or stock replacement?

Very obvious the driver side mount did not hold the engine. The passenger side is still locked in.

I cant find a solid trans mount anywhere on the web, I guess I have to make my own.

Very obvious the driver side mount did not hold the engine. The passenger side is still locked in.

I cant find a solid trans mount anywhere on the web, I guess I have to make my own.

don`t like solid trans mounts !

Yes what doug said ^^^. One question, does the solid mount have a locater nub like the factory mount? That nub it what keeps it in alignment with the bracket.Just a thought.

The nub is there but shallow(probably doesn't help much). Mounts were installed with nubs in the bracket holes. The above photo was after 5 passes at the track.

Forgot to mention this is the third time, 1st time was with rubber mounts and torque strap, second was with rubber mounts, torque strap, poly trans mount.

I think it has to do with the Schumacher mounts. And no to solid Trans mount, as said tends to break things. MT

The nub is there but shallow(probably doesn't help much). Mounts were installed with nubs in the bracket holes. The above photo was after 5 passes at the track.

^^^^^^^^^^^

You could always drill out the nub and put a bolt and nut in its place.

The locating nubs are sometimes slightly larger than the hole they are supposed to engage.

There are a couple options. Open the hole in you bracket a little. Make sure the hole edge is sharp. Another is take a washer that is the correct size for your bracket hole and weld it to your solid mount.

-
Back