Motor plate is in

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
20161222_164704.jpg

20161222_164716.jpg

Had to relocate radiator fan to clear the water pump.
Some advice: PUT PERMATEX ON ALL O RINGS!! Water pump elbows, gooseneck. They all leaked. Also I think the flow was too much, so I put a 5/8" washer in the gooseneck when I had to re do it. Haven't tried it since the washer install, too cold out right now.

sweet

if you dont mind me asking...whats the reason for the angle of the fuel pressure regulator?

sweet

if you dont mind me asking...whats the reason for the angle of the fuel pressure regulator?
The fuel filter that is behind it is quite long and I didn't want to mount the regulator any further forward, so I angled it. In other words, just because...

Nice looking setup.
View attachment 1715004360
View attachment 1715004361
Had to relocate radiator fan to clear the water pump.
Some advice: PUT PERMATEX ON ALL O RINGS!! Water pump elbows, gooseneck. They all leaked. Also I think the flow was too much, so I put a 5/8" washer in the gooseneck when I had to re do it. Haven't tried it since the washer install, too cold out right now.

Are you using regular motor mounts with the motor plate or is there a mid plate setup being used here along with the motor plate. That motorplate looks pretty thick.

Solid steel motor mounts. I just left them in.

Not to be sarcastic. If you are leaving the stock steel motor mounts,
What were your reasons for adding the motorplate.
Just curious because I am also adding motorplate and am undecided on the stock mounts in my dart. Have you considered getting the plate coated to prevent corrosion?

Duane

Not to be sarcastic. If you are leaving the stock steel motor mounts,
What were your reasons for adding the motorplate.
Duane
No such thing as stock steel motor mounts, the stock ones have rubber in them.
I'm only using the motor plate as a backing plate so I can run an electric water pump.
Nobody is making a backing plate for these Gen III hemi's that will allow conversion to a Big Block Chevy water pump, but some are making motor plates that are cut for BBC water pumps.

No such thing as stock steel motor mounts, the stock ones have rubber in them.
I'm only using the motor plate as a backing plate so I can run an electric water pump.
Nobody is making a backing plate for these Gen III hemi's that will allow conversion to a Big Block Chevy water pump, but some are making motor plates that are cut for BBC water pumps.

Seems like a lot of unnessessary weight being added to the front end just to add a water pump no. Yes my bad on the rubber but I was getting at how you were controlling the front to back movement of the engine. Some guys remove all types of motor mount from the stock location rubber or steel.

i wonder if it might be advantageous to take that motor plate and cut it down to size, so it functions as a backing plate?

and dont get offended by this...but will you also be redoing the radiator mounts?

Seems like a lot of unnessessary weight being added to the front end just to add a water pump no.
It would seem that way unless you have experience running a mechanical water pump on a Gen III Hemi at 7000+ RPM. Also being able to run the water pump while the engine is off is a great advantage toward the end of the night when the rounds are close together.
and dont get offended by this...but will you also be redoing the radiator mounts?
Not offended. The radiator is held in place just fine. It's a race car, not a show car.

I only run the motor plate, no motor mounts, I even cut the motor mount stands off the k-member, and I do not run a mid plate. I use a poly trans mount.

I only run the motor plate, no motor mounts, I even cut the motor mount stands off the k-member, and I do not run a mid plate. I use a poly trans mount.
Have you ever had a problem with water leakage? This is my biggest worry.

Only once years ago when I used water pump gaskets on each side of the motor plate, now I just use RTV and no leaks ever.
I`ve always run gaskets on both sides of my motor plates, w/ silicone rtv. never had one leak unless the bolts were loosening up. sbc or 440/505 wedge.

It worked for a year or so for me but one day a gasket blew out in the burnout box, a bunch of guys at the track said they had to quit using the gaskets so I tried it, no problems since, and that was about 12 years ago with felpro gaskets and tight studs.
If it's working for you I wouldn't change it.

It worked for a year or so for me but one day a gasket blew out in the burnout box, a bunch of guys at the track said they had to quit using the gaskets so I tried it, no problems since, and that was about 12 years ago with felpro gaskets and tight studs.
If it's working for you I wouldn't change it.
have heard about the no gasket thing before .

-
Back