Mounting Radiator in Front Help

-

rdakota340

Reaction score
Ok I'm wanting to mount the radiator in front of the core support to make room for a good fan has anyone done this I know I will have to cut the some of the support you guys have a pics of what you did and who's radiator you used.

Ok I'm wanting to mount the radiator in front of the core support to make room for a good fan has anyone done this I know I will have to cut the some of the support you guys have a pics of what you did and who's radiator you used.

alot of people here still running a stock rad in stock location and having no issues with cooling, I suggest you check radator/cooling system condition

alot of people here still running a stock rad in stock location and having no issues with cooling, I suggest you check radator/cooling system condition

Yup and even with a big block in there there is plenty of room for a good fan or fans. A little hint, twin fans fit better, wink

bullshit. when you stuff a big block in these cars cooling becomes an issue. it gets to be pretty tight quarters. i had to build an entire cooling system from scratch. this set up works killer but it was no walk in the park finding fans that would fit and deliver the air flow.

I would say its pretty easy if you lose the latch and go with pins on the hood.
Remove the fill panel. Install rad and fab some supports for your grille. Here is a screen grab from an article. Its the only reference to this application for a dart I have been able to find. Thought about doing it myself, but like others have said, its not really necessary. Also, It can leave the bottom of the rad exposed to more road debris if it is hanging out under the bumper. Looks cool though and will clean up the engine compartment a bit.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1102phr_1969_dodge_dart_gt/

Attachments

• 1102phr_06_o+1969_dodge_dart_gt+radiator.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 380
bullshit. when you stuff a big block in these cars cooling becomes an issue. it gets to be pretty tight quarters. i had to build an entire cooling system from scratch. this set up works killer but it was no walk in the park finding fans that would fit and deliver the air flow.

Nice set up, if you don't mind me asking what size radiator, fans, and how many cfm each is your set up. Did you fab the shroud?

Look up Forced340, in particular his link to his thread on the turbo forums...

Who the hell cares? Do what ya gotta do.

Guess it does not matter if it is a better idea......wait a second...Mopar made nothing but the best parts and had nothing but the best engineering and ideas......said the bong water chugger.....

Nice set up, if you don't mind me asking what size radiator, fans, and how many cfm each is your set up. Did you fab the shroud?

the rad is 26x19" its a universal from summit racing. i paid $160 for it. my fans are 14" universal fans from jegs. they pull 1860 cfm each. they draw 9.8 amps each and i have them wired independently to the battery via the fan controller in the picture. i did build the entire set up from scratch and am happy to say that they work awesome. the first fan comes on a 170 and second at 180. the car never gets above 180 EVER. even in 90+* heat sitting in traffic.

That fan shroud looks great good job. from the pic's look to be a super tight fit! :finga:

Yea I looked at Forced 340 on the forums I watched that build but he didn't show pics of doing the radiator I sent him a message already,YoungGun you have a nice set up too I seen the ones at Summit thinking getting one of those I looked at your pics I just got to find room to run my cold side pipe up to carb somewhere,Thanks for measurements on radiator too.

the rad is 26x19" its a universal from summit racing. i paid $160 for it. my fans are 14" universal fans from jegs. they pull 1860 cfm each. they draw 9.8 amps each and i have them wired independently to the battery via the fan controller in the picture. i did build the entire set up from scratch and am happy to say that they work awesome. the first fan comes on a 170 and second at 180. the car never gets above 180 EVER. even in 90+* heat sitting in traffic.

Cool, Thanks for the info, got the P/N for the fan controller?

How do you get heat in the winter if it doesnt go over 180 thats too cold for me I just made mine run warmer so I dont freeze this winter plus it helps burn condensation out of the oil when you do whort trips.

http://s370.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart_photo/media/DSCN0337_zps411431d0.jpg.html

This is indeputable, BUT, with a quality aluminum radiator and electric fans, it fits and it works.

I have a 26 or 28 x 19 in mine with the 493 stock 7 blade cooling fan.
No electric fans and mine runs 180 all day cruising idling so on.
I will add it use to run 205 in traffic with my ProParts headers. changed to a fender well
header and now its 180 with No other changes. that being said my proparts were ceramic coated inside and out. the fenderwells are spray bombed with some header wrap until the exit the engine compartment.

-
Back