Mouse in house.

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Who's having a bad mouse problem this year?
I've never seen so many of them in the garage as I do this year.
I started up the Demon Yesterday to circulate the anti-freeze, and what do you think happened. The car shot dog food all over the garage. The mice have been using the exhaust system as a storage bin.

So My Question is.
What do you guys use to keep these critters out of your garage and car during the winter months?

I've heard of using moth balls, Does it work?
I need to get these varmits under control..But remember... I have small children, and a dog. So it needs to be non toxic to them.
Anti freeze works but the pets like to drink it, and that's a horrible thing to see your pet go through.

I have always had Cats for this problem. I have an inside cat & an outside cat. Just have them fixed so they won't multiply. No problems here or in my shop. My property backs up to a wooded area. Now if I could only get rid of my MOLE PROBLEM!

These guys do a pretty good job.....

ebbad548.jpg

mikedevore said:
Looks like a box of mouse traps.

The photo was taken through the back window of a 73 Duster roller... their home!! Outside kitties for sure.. I can't have em in the house either. They get in through the shifter hole.

Using poison to kill mice/rats may cause another problem by havig them die someplace in the house/garage and rot where you can't get to them.

Heres another solution: http://www.victorpest.com/mousesonicfaqs.htm

These types of devices are made made by more than one manufacturer.

Rat poison in another form = 340 4-speed A-body!! For those rats wearing bow ties!! :tongue9:

Dang some of you guys just can't leave the old chevys alone! You just have to talk bad about them! I love all old cars and even chevys! I actually own a Chevy with a RAT Engine and I am pretty confident it will roast pretty much any 340,383,440 you want to put beside it as long as it is street legal! Meaning tagged, inspected and insured like mine is.We will do a little drive of about 50 miles then race to see who crosses the finish line first! I will be willing to bet I do cross that line first! I also own 318's,340's,a 440 and hopefully a HEMI 426 or larger in the near future for a new project coming to Texas.So if you ain't to far from here and you want to jump on an OLD CHEVY RAT MOTOR then LETS GET IT ON! :butthead:

Bobby Dodson

1410058929_l.jpg
Darn Bobby you do get riled.... ;) The old 69 Dart in my photo garage had a 446 mopar with a mechanical six pack, 727 and 3.23 8 3/4 power lock diff. It was ugly and mild 9:1 compression with a TP 142 TRW cam similar to stock six pack cam 445 lift 284 dur hyd and hooker headers. Elevation here about 3600 ASL. I raced an alledged real LS-7 Chevelle 454 dual quad 4:30 12 bolt posi big tube headers... W-30 Olds 442 455 big cam headers and Kendig carb and 4:30 12 bolt... 70 Mach 1 351 Cleaveland dual quad tunnel ram.... beat them all! Nosed in first and pulled away in 2nd. The only street legal car that beat me back then ... 1980-81 was a Trans Am 455 with a 200 shot that pulled me half a fender cause I was leaning out on some new outboard carbs. Fast forward 26 years and upgrade with similar technology for engine and suspension and I don't think I'm too far out on power to weight ratio's in small block A-body vs Big Block GM F body..... am I?

ONLY..20.00 HR (plus rounds). MOPAR Cats won't stay long to affect the wife as long as milk is provided. Trained by United Mouse Disposal LTD. These cats are highly trained, motivated, and want revenge! Don't miss your chance..... :spam2: :lol: :lol:

Good Luck :thumbup:

killerkitty.jpg

This is how you get mice and it's not messy.

Get your basic 5 gallon bucket, a can of beans, a wire coat hanger, 2 1x4 boards and a jar of peanut butter.
Now, open the can of beans just enough to get the beans out. Leave the ends on the can. Rinse out the can the best you can. Now use an electric drill and drill holes in the center of the ends of the can large enough to let the wire coat hanger pass through after you straighten the coat hanger out. Don't put the coat hanger through the can yet. Now drill 2 holes near the top of the bucket so they are opposite each other. Now get the peanut butter, smear the peanut butter around the outside of the can near the center and all the way around so you have a continuous bead of peanut butter about an inch wide and an 1/8 of an inch thick all the way around. Get the straightened coat hanger and pass it through one hole in the bucket, through the ends of the peanut buttered bean can and then through the hole in the other side of the bucket. You should now have a bucket with a can that spins freely on the coat hanger at the top. Pour about 6 inch's of water in the bucket. Now get the pieces of 1x4, they should be about 2 feet long, dab 3 spots of peanut butter on the boards, one on each end and one in the middle all on the same side. Lean the 1x4's up against the edge of the bucket, one on each side, so that they face the side of the bean can and have the spots of peanut butter facing up.
You have now made a better mouse trap that you don't have to reset.
The mice will walk up the boards looking for more peanut butter, jump to the can and when they do, the can will roll and the mice will fall into the water and drown.

Just make sure you don't have any other food source's and it works like a charm.

Jack

you must have missed the part where I said STREET LEGAL! My car even has Power steering,and A/C that blows cold and it is a 396 bored to a 408! STREET LEGAL with A/C that blows cold! Not a DRAG CAR! And yes I guess I do get riled a bit when folks go to talking trash about Bowties because I have a place in my heart for all Old Classic Muscle Cars,I think they all should be cherished and not trashed. For the most part the people talking trash about the BOWTIES really wished they owned a couple of them! LOL.I love the stats and the picture of your old Dart looks cool.The old PONCHOS were total torque monsters I have owned a couple of old GTO's in the past.I have a couple 69 dart 340 Swingers and just purchased an old 67 Dart Gasser roller out of Illinois,straight axle and all.Sure would like to find me a HEMI to put in it.I never owned a HEMI and I think it is about time to get one so I am looking. If i keep collecting these Old classics the Wife is going to make me start sleeping in the garage! So I am reserving me a space in the corner to be comfortable!! LOL

Bobby

Dig a little hole in the floor, and put some ashes in there. Put some peanuts all around the perimeter and when the mice come to eat the peanuts just kick them in the ash hole. :glasses7:

King snake's have been working for me and farmer's for a long time, they will stay out of the way and you will hardly ever see them.and if your wife see's them just pretand to kill them. these king snake's will keep all poison snake's and unwanted mice and
snake's out of your home and around the yard. Just look at the pupels they will be round and a long skinny tails. pet store's have them,or hunt one down. they are usuawally black or a shinny dark blue.
I have a pair of them at my old house in my shop.they have been there over 10 year's.just don't let the wife now about it.we do have a garden and see the big black snake out there everynow and then. they do a grate job on poisenes snake's and mice..
most people that have allergies to cat's is the house dust that collect on the cat.
so take yout pick.dig a hole and fill with ashes . =D>
I did like the bean can and bucket trap or give a cat a home in your shop.
snake's will not make a mess or need milk or **** in you car and shop. :coffee2:

when i close up my summer home for the winter i put cedar moth balls all around the inside in old pie plates and i put the under the house it works great no mice .Use the cedar moth balls the smell does not get that strong and works just as well as regular moth balls.I put them in my garage before i put my car away for the winter works good in there to good luck.I like the snake idea but my wife would kill me

1969340dart said:
Dang some of you guys just can't leave the old chevys alone! You just have to talk bad about them! I love all old cars and even chevys! I actually own a Chevy with a RAT Engine and I am pretty confident it will roast pretty much any 340,383,440 you want to put beside it as long as it is street legal! Meaning tagged, inspected and insured like mine is.We will do a little drive of about 50 miles then race to see who crosses the finish line first! I will be willing to bet I do cross that line first! I also own 318's,340's,a 440 and hopefully a HEMI 426 or larger in the near future for a new project coming to Texas.So if you ain't to far from here and you want to jump on an OLD CHEVY RAT MOTOR then LETS GET IT ON! :butthead:

Bobby Dodson
Has this site changed to GM A-bodies only? I thought this thread was about getting rid of mice! If you to trash them chebbys or ferds, start a new thread.

So My Question is.
What do you guys use to keep these critters out of your garage and car during the winter months?

On another board, one of the fellows said he uses Irish spring soap - just shaves a bunch off and puts it on a disposable plate and lays it in different locations. - and your car will have an irish spring smell in the Spring time when you bring it out of storage. Another method is fabric softener sheets.
either would be friendly to children and animals.

OldVart said:
Dig a little hole in the floor, and put some ashes in there. Put some peanuts all around the perimeter and when the mice come to eat the peanuts just kick them in the ash hole. :glasses7:

Ash hole!
laughing-smiley-001.gif

OldVart said:
It works for elephants also Evil - you just have to dig a bigger hole and kick a little harder. :)

Good one Sid! Ash hole....thats funny! :D

OldVart said:
It works for elephants also Evil - you just have to dig a bigger hole and kick a little harder. :)

Just be careful you don't want to fall into an elephant ash hole!

-
Back