MP road racing springs

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
i think they discontinued these cuz i cant find a part number anywhere!

i want them for my dads 73 dart thats were kinda doing a pro-touring thing on...

i would love the hotchkis setup but money isn't there... will be going with there 1 1/2 front and 1" rear bars eventually though!

or anything else people have tried? looking for great handling, 1" lift

Not sure on that one. Weren't the kit cars also set up to do road course work?

Pretty sure are different from side to side. Id go to Firm Feel theirs are pretty much the same thing and not to expensive either.

i would have to think oval track springs would have to be different than handling springs?

What MP book did you see "road racing spring" offered.

I've only seen the MP 0" and/or 1" arch Kit Car leaf springs ever offered.

I believe some people use them for handling type springs with the same spring in both sides. Most asphalt oval track springs will work as handling springs if they are spec'd out properly.

I think he's talking about the oval track springs.

What MP book did you see "road racing spring" offered.

I've only seen the MP 0" and/or 1" arch Kit Car leaf springs ever offered.

I believe some people use them for handling type springs with the same spring in both sides. Most asphalt oval track springs will work as handling springs if they are spec'd out properly.

well my boss put MP road racing springs in a pro touring 71 duster he did a long time ago (like 90's) and he said they are MP so i dont know!

I have an extra brand new set of the MP 1" arch springs....but they're in Hawaii and shipping would probably quite a bit. I bought two sets years ago and the other set is in Vegas, probably going on my 68 Barracuda.

I have an extra brand new set of the MP 1" springs....but they're in Hawaii and shipping would probably quite a bit. I bought two sets years ago and the other set is in Vegas, probably going on my 68 Barracuda.

are they road racing springs or oval track? im just wondering if he used something else or if there are such a thing!

but yea shipping would be killer

Back when I was looking for these springs they were listed as oval track/road racing springs. I was planning on road racing and was told these were the ones. I think they're supposed be 200 lbs/in spring rate.

Oval track leaf springs in general have a thick front segment to resist wrap up. And have a low arch. They may or may not have the added upper leaf to resist axle hop/tramp under heavy braking. Still going to be better than a stock leaf spring for handling. The spring doesn't care what it's being used for. Landrum and Hypercoil also make Oval Track leaf springs.

My 2001 and 2007 MP catalog list Oval Track Leaf Spring, 120 lbs/in front segment 20.5, rear segment 35"
P4529414 Zero Arch
P4529415 1" Arch (edit for correct # arch)

They are explained on page 163 of the MP Chassis Manual.

Some people will put Super Stock springs in an A-body with both sides being the same part number. Those are around 160 lb/in. Then they have the springs de-arched. Richard Eherenburg did this in his Green Brick car.

You have to use the same part number both side. S/S spring load one side of the car more than the other to react to engine torque and other drag suspension stuff. So the car will not sit level in the rear. I just helped put a set of those S/S springs in a clone Hemi Dart today. Car is all caddy-wampus in the rear like they were originally.

yea...i have a set of superstock springs..with both sides being the same spring/part number. i have those hotchkiss ones im going to install soon..

Some people will put Super Stock springs in an A-body with both sides being the same part number. Those are around 160 lb/in. Then they have the springs de-arched. Richard Eherenburg did this in his Green Brick car.

You have to use the same part number both side. S/S spring load one side of the car more than the other to react to engine torque and other drag suspension stuff. So the car will not sit level in the rear. I just helped put a set of those S/S springs in a clone Hemi Dart today. Car is all caddy-wampus in the rear like they were originally.

hmmm! the green brick destroyed!

and i know all about the SS cars and springs

My 2001 and 2007 MP catalog list Oval Track Leaf Spring, 120 lbs/in front segment 20.5, rear segment 35"
P4529414 Zero Arch
P4529415 Zero Arch

They are explained on page 163 of the MP Chassis Manual.

I have the P4529415 and they're supposed to be 1" arch.

and i know all about the SS cars and springs

Are you sure about that :D

Contact Dick @ firm feel. I got a set of there road race 1" drop rear springs for my 68 Valiant. I love the handling improvement. When I recieved them I noticed the factory P# which I seem to recall coresponded to the oval track spring from MP. Dick is very knowledgable & the pricing was excellent.

Ted

Are you sure about that :D

i only build them daily...

Contact Dick @ firm feel. I got a set of there road race 1" drop rear springs for my 68 Valiant. I love the handling improvement. When I recieved them I noticed the factory P# which I seem to recall coresponded to the oval track spring from MP. Dick is very knowledgable & the pricing was excellent.

Ted

what was the price?

I just got a set of the p4529415s for $200 to my door and I like them so far.

Ted

I'll second this. Dick is a great guy to deal with!

http://www.firmfeel.com/leafspri_a.htm

-
Back