Mph or kph?

-

Elís Máni

Reaction score
I was just wondering if this speedometer is in mph or kph. I feel like it is in km since 200 kph is 120 mph like it normaly has but i just want to be sure. Its in a 1973 duster 340.

1519649208201656498001.jpg

Boy the factory was pretty optimistic about the little 318 with a 200 mph speedo. hahaha

I would say that’s a KPH speedometer. I had a 65 Valiant KPH speedometer that readvup to 180 KPH - about 110 MPH. If this car was an export model to Iceland, then it would be correct

Oh
I would say that’s a KPH speedometer. I had a 65 Valiant KPH speedometer that readvup to 180 KPH - about 110 MPH. If this car was an export model to Iceland, then it would be correct
Well ill find out when i get it on plates and can drive it around. Just waiting on some new tires from summit :þ

I'm pretty sure the 73 Duster I bought new in Canada in '72 had KPH in large numbers and MPH in smaller numbers on the speedo. If mph, that bad boy is an over achiever.

Mph in canada until 1975. Then Mr Trudeau Sr.introduced the metric system.

Post a picture of the fender tag and we should be able to decode if the car was an export model.
Eather the fender tag is in a diffirannt place than normal or more likly it has been removed unfortunatly :(
I mean who does that!

-
Back