mph to low maybe wrong gears?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, and call moper.

:finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga:

I tried to help you and you act likes this... have fun and I hope you get it straightened out. You're clearly a lead a horse to water type and won't drink even if dying of thirst.

You don't have a clue what you are doing.

Good luck to you. This might help you out.

midol.gif

I like the look of this now.
This message is hidden because Duster Drag Car is on your ignore list.

Good luck, and call moper.

I tried to help you and you act likes this... have fun and I hope you get it straightened out. You're clearly a lead a horse to water type and won't drink even if dying of thirst.

You don't have a clue what you are doing.

Good luck to you. This might help you out.

midol.gif

I like the look of this now.
time will tell if i know what im doing as for you theres no hope

I want to be a dickhead too. Have you tried a couple new plugs every run so you could read them. I myself would rather be too fat and jet down than be too lean and burn things up.

I want to be a dickhead too. Have you tried a couple new plugs every run so you could read them. I myself would rather be too fat and jet down than be too lean and burn things up.
something is getting lost in the translation here it was the secound test and tune with the car ,ran the car with an 850 i had, its laying down on the top end thats why we test and tune to figure these things out, now im putting together another 850 was just looking for input on jetting, ordered a set of 88 and 92 jets and 4.5 power valves new floats as im still running the old brass ones, in my spare parts i have 76 jets 80 jets and 84 jets and power valve plugs and old power valves was just looking for imput and then some ahole starts saying im gonna explode my new motor that i worked so hard for WTF! Had problems with power valves on my street car before when they go fuel keeps running into the cylinders and floods out the engine thats why i like to plug them, dont want to spend time at the track pulling the carb and repairing it ,ive read many posts on the internet by racers and carb tuners most do not use power valves for this reason one back fire and they could let go. But crack head insists i dont know what im doing

DUSTER keep your head up. I for one enjoy reading your threads...
thanks i will the more these clowns piss me off, the harder i try to prove them wrong but its realy not bad i had a great day saturday at the test and tune, just tring to get the most out of what i got, thanks for the kind words and good luck with your racing.

Your starting point for a 850 dp...should be 80 primary with power valve...88 in rear no power valve....that is what it came from the factory with....

if you want square jetting....square it with 88 jets..

anything else...your wasting your gas....

If our mph varies from 102 to 109, i would suspect a fuel delivery issue. Do you have your fuel pressure gauge mounted where you can see it going down the track?

Your starting point for a 850 dp...should be 80 primary with power valve...88 in rear no power valve....that is what it came from the factory with....

im running a victor intake with a 2 inch spacer and a n20 plate i think i need to figure that in , whats your opinion

If our mph varies from 102 to 109, i would suspect a fuel delivery issue. Do you have your fuel pressure gauge mounted where you can see it going down the track?
yes it right in font of me on the cowl panel good idea ill keep an eye on it thanks

I think you might be a little fat for that carb now Roger, but fat's bettter than where you were. I still would like to see more fuel pressure - but if your pump maintains 7.5psi at WOT in high gear it's good. You will want to remember your trap rpm too... that's another tuning thing down the road.

Man I have never seen anybody ask for help, get the help, pay no attention to it at all and take off in a total different direction...... WOW!

You are in conversations in this thread with guys who know their stuff and you **** all over them by not listening to a thing they told you. So that is why you got the FLACK back............

They gave you a map and you took off in another direction.

AND you still have not answered a simple question.....

WHAT RPM ARE YOU GOING THROUGH THE TRAP AT?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWXgtJP1IPs"]Napoleon "Do the Chickens have Large Talons?" - YouTube[/ame]

No No No... :banghead:

You run an 850 with a jet package suitable for a 650 w/o PV's on a BB... then run E85 through it!

I'm sure there will be some irrational response to this, but, I won't see it. :)

I can only handle so much stupid!

Duster Drag Car, I think your car and my car are actually pretty similar. I usually run 10.70's in fairly good air. By the looks of your time slips, I think your not far off.

But I do think that crackedback is really trying to help, and he is very knowledgeable. Put it this way, when he posts, I listen. He knows what he's talking about! Just my 2 cents

I see on a previous post you have 29.5x11.5x15.....that and a 4.30 should work great for a BB...

you should be at least 117-118 mph,,,,,,

I run 122-123 MPH with 29.5X11.5X15 W hoosiers.430 gears crossing at 6200 RPM.
That is at 4000' so ET's are 11:20's-11:30's.@ sea level 125MPH 10:87-10:95. My converter is a JW (glide)stalls at 5500 so I know there is slippage
I ran the same combo with 4:89 gears, but was out of wind by the finish line @ 7200. I have the rods ect. to take it, but no HP at that RPM.I didn't want to run it that hard.
I just switched to 4:57's (ford 9") so we will see this weekend. I should cross @ 6600. I wanted a lower gears because of the 'glides 1st gear (like leaving in 2nd)

I think you might be a little fat for that carb now Roger, but fat's bettter than where you were. I still would like to see more fuel pressure - but if your pump maintains 7.5psi at WOT in high gear it's good. You will want to remember your trap rpm too... that's another tuning thing down the road.
dave what is the jetting in the set up you have, you asked me about dyno results you got me confused with someone else motor was never dynoed and wont be .its a holley carb theres not much to them i understand i need more jetting gonna try the 88 primary with 4.5 pv and 92 secoundary with pv plug and extensions maybe fat ill see remember 2 inch spacer n20 plate victor manifold a lot of rise there also gonna setup a secound carb now im going to work to pay for this **** i got a long way with my 2 hands and a jack stands and im gonna get there with my two hands, ive about had it withe people on this site they have no clue as to work i have done to this thing, arm chair quarterbacks, monday morning quarterbacks, posers.

Roger, I gotta say you're going a bit over the top at this point. I'm on this site as much or more than others and I don't think that I've EVER been derogatory or degrading. You know my money situation and how I identify with yours and I know a lot of guys here are in the same boat. All that being said - while some might not be as politically correct when they answer - we are all trying to give useful info based on experience that I'm certain you lack. If you don't like the responses it's as easy as ignoring them if you choose to and well worth your time to do so. I invited you to stop by and could have saved yourself some $$ on jets and carb stuff that I have a ton of and probably learned something.

A baseline for the 850 would be both power valves plugged, primaries with an 88, secondaries with a 90. You SHOULD be bringing a jet assortment (I own two of these for when I tune six packs...) with you and after the run pulling a plug to read. It will tell you if timing and jetting are on. Then adjusting your timing and carb to give the best numbers. It would also help dramatically if you kept a log book of the weather and tune up (timing and carb settings, tire pressure, launch rpm) for each run so you can note the changes. They can be bought at summit or Jegs or set up in a spiral notebook. It will be a bible over the summer when you're racing. I'd bring a second set of spark plugs with you and replace #1 and #5 with new when you're a tthe track and the car's been fully warmed up. I find NGK race V grooves to be easiest to read and available in any heat range needed.

........... But crack head insists i dont know what im doing

Crackedback was just trying to help...and seriously dude, the title of your post is "mph to low maybe wrong gears?"....it is painfully obvious to everyone else that you don't know what you are doing, but people are trying to help you. Why ask for help if you aren't going to listen? . . . . ok, now you can add me to the Richard Cranium list.

Crackedback was just trying to help...and seriously dude, the title of your post is "mph to low maybe wrong gears?"....it is painfully obvious to everyone else that you don't know what you are doing, but people are trying to help you. Why ask for help if you aren't going to listen? . . . . ok, now you can add me to the Richard Cranium list.

Exactly!

I've been called worse by much better people! LOL

How many times (3) can you say the exact same thing and it goes ignored or over the head? Even give the OP a link to the holley site carb numerical listing so he could educate himself on what the factory baseline starting point is for whatever carb he had... nope... no can do!

Bottom line, the OP does NOT understand how the fuel circuits in a holley carb work. No idea regarding the effects of altering/removing them, no matter how many times you try to explain it. Just read the jet packages he came up with on his own, from ~20 steps lean (good for a 650) to ~10 rich.

I apologize for attempting to help you, I won't make that mistake again.

Carry on

Exactly!

I've been called worse by much better people! LOL

How many times (3) can you say the exact same thing and it goes ignored or over the head? Even give the OP a link to the holley site carb numerical listing so he could educate himself on what the factory baseline starting point is for whatever carb he had... nope... no can do!

Bottom line, the OP does NOT understand how the fuel circuits in a holley carb work. No idea regarding the effects of altering/removing them, no matter how many times you try to explain it. Just read the jet packages he came up with on his own, from ~20 steps lean (good for a 650) to ~10 rich.

I apologize for attempting to help you, I won't make that mistake again.

Carry on

hey Crack.. When I have a question I will welcome your reply.. Some just do not get it.. I have been racing for about 28 years now and before that my dad did.. And guess what... I learn something everyday still..

hey Crack.. When I have a question I will welcome your reply.. Some just do not get it.. I have been racing for about 28 years now and before that my dad did.. And guess what... I learn something everyday still..

Me too.

If my input may help, I'll toss it in the fray. You won't see me saying much in turbo or FI threads. Not my bag. I'll tell someone, I don't know, before ever coming up with a baffle them with BS answer.

Lots of ways to do this stuff. I think pinion snubbers are band aid junk, best used as door stops to let a breeze in the shop. Especially when there are plenty of cars running 10's and better using SS springs and no snubber in sight. Others think they are vital and must be used because a 40 YO manual says so. It's all in the set up.

Pick your parts, pay your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back