MSD purchases Mallory

-
You're going to have a hard time getting the real story... The "PR" guys are not volunteering any info about why they did the merger... (like one in financial problems...).

So much for competition, eh? And with NAPA / Standard being "as one"

hell might as well just buy chineseoated crap

Mallory prices are already high,now the quality goes downhill. Damn, I loved the Mallory quality.

I cannot STAND MSD. I will run a modded factory distributor first.

I went to a DUI HEI (Davis Unified Ignition). Works great and never an issue. I have had many issues with pertronics drop in modules since they went chinese. Same with the coils they make. In the past MSD was great, but now they have been having issues too. Sad to see Mallory is headed the same direction.......

With the pertornix drop in units i had installed many of them for everything from VWs to Mopars to Chevy and Fords. Not every unit is faulty mind you but when customers keep coming back with issues and you keep having to warranty out and waste time pulling and redoing the work it sucks. For customers and the shop.

Gobble, gobble.
Are the fuel injection systems made in China?
I just watched the Road Kill where they drive to Kansas and give the fellow the Buick Wagon O Steel.
They put an MSD fuel injection on it.
I'm thinking that's something I would like except I've been burnt before on and MSD box stranding me. It isn't exactly quick change on the side of the road.
Yea, factory for me.

This sucks i've been running a mallory hyfire 6A for seven years in my duster... now if/when it goes bad i'll probably pick something from a different brand.

Edit: other brands make CD boxes as well it's not like MSD is the only one now.

Have run msd systems in 2 different cars never had 1 single problem..wouldn't hesitate to buy from again..:D:D

I have had 3 brand new MSD boxes. The first one still works some 15 years later. The other 2 failed over and over again. Sent them back to the factory were repairs were made only to fail within minutes or days. I sent one box back 4 times. The 5th time it came back it didn't work out right. Sent it to the garbage can.

MSD called up every time they sent the box back after the second time. The last time I told them I just simply threw it in the garbage with the other box that had been sent back 3 times. They apologized. I said "I don't know how you guys stay in biz!"

I'll never ever use MSD again. I spent more time down than driving due to there absolute crap product. Useless!

...and that's what I see for the most part. Either you have great luck with MSD and love it, or you hate it. There's usually no in between.

I have had a few MSD setups over the years......seems a bit more complicated than any of the electronic factory setups. At least to me.

But I've learned over the years that the main killer for these boxes is loss of ground and power surge mainly from jump starting a car. I never had a box just go on me unless I helped it go by jump starting a car. Just can't do that without expecting the box will pop. Welding on the car will also kill a box. MSD sells a surge protector and once I installed that never had another problem.

The orange MP boxes are just plain made in China crap. I've been running MSD for over 40 years and never looked back.

All of this wanking about Mallory's quality going downhill now that MSD has bought them makes me laugh.

Hell, I felt that way when Mallory bought Accel. Talk about well designed & built ignition parts. Find and really look over an Accel Dual Point out of the Pro-Stock wars of the 70's. Absolutely the best, most adjustable points dizzy I've ever seen.
Then Mallory bought them, dumped all of their good stuff and replaced it with re-badged Mallory crap.
I suspect that MSD bought them just to get the Accel EFI stuff. I look for Mallory products to be dropped and replaced with re-badged MSD crap.

Maybe an Anti-Trust complaint to the Feds will stop it?

The orange MP boxes are just plain made in China crap. I've been running MSD for over 40 years and never looked back.

All Mopar ignition parts are junk..thats why anyone running it carrys a spare control box,coil,ballast ect.in their trunk:D:D:D

-
Back