MSD "ready to run" system

-
IMG_5894.gif

I wanna out this out there, @Carnut68 , again, thanks for the posts.
But has anyone surfed his link to 4secondsflat?
He has a bunch of really helpful stuff. He used to post here a bit. Don, the owner is a good fella and a MoPar nut racing his A body Barracuda in the northwest. He is quite the helpful fella.

Anyone installed this using an existing engine wiring harness with ECU? I've been tolds its much easier and simplier to run a new harness with the ol ignition point system, connecting the 2 ballast wires together using this as your 12V switched power to the coil.
Any help out there is much appreciated.
Yes. I installed the MSD system (including MSD wires) in my 69 Barracuda with a moderately modified 340. I followed MSD's suggestion of bypassing the ballast as mentioned by @abodyjoe. The improvement was marked. Instant starts, better idle and better throttle response. It's been about 4 years, and there have been no problems.
i have one in our dart. i pulled the ballast out, connected all the wires that went to the ballast and added a wire from that connection that rins to the dist.
Totally agree.
My MSD left me stranded. Only a few months old. I am going to rewire it so I can run the MSD but Have the older wiring so I can plug in the stock system if left stranded again.
I am truly sorry that happened to you. Mine has worked flawlessly.

I am truly sorry that happened to you. Mine has worked flawlessly.
My MSD-6A boxes were straight garbage.
The MSD & Pace - RTR distributor has been very good so far.
Zero issues.

I will say I bought my box 1 1/2 years before using while stock piling parts during my build. I explained this to MSD as I only installed and used a couple of months. I was expecting to get charged for the repair but they did take care of it for me.

-
Back