msd

-
have a couple of the msd blaster 2 coil in use..have no problems with them..using them with msd 6al

have not used one of their distributors..

i used the msd pro billet 8546 and al6. easy to set up and used an 18 bushing to limit total timing from centrifugal at 18* and car cranks and runs good at 18* initial so its a great 36* package. 3 sets of springs to mix and match for your curve.

havent ever had a problem with MSD, 7ALs and coils and cranktriggers and timing modules.....never skipped a beat.

I like the Mopar stuff. But only because it's what I've always run and it's what I'm used to. plenty of folks runnin MSD stuff. It works.

MSD 6 is the only ignition box I have ever personally experienced a failure with. Work fine otherwise.

I personally use MSD spark plug wires because they are red and I like red but in the past I used the Jacobs pro race box and a Mopar distributor with a MSD cap-a-dapt which worked well but I have found the books by Doctor Jacobs to be invaluable just like the old Mopar Performance books. BTW the doctor hold patents on most of MSD products, that's gotta tell ya sometin

I run MSD dizzy,6AL box,SS Blaster coil and 8.5 mm wires in both my cars without any issues.I,m going on 4 yrs with the setup in my 73 Dart Sport 340.

Nothing wrong w/ MSD...but I like the way Ma Mopar did her stuff. So I swapped my MSD dizzy out for an FBO unit w/ vacuum advance. Runs just as good or better than the mech. adv. MSD 8534 unit, and gets little better mileage...swapped the ugly red gel coil out for a Summit Racing brand black canister one for $25 and whammo...stock looking ignition that's every bit as good as any MSD setup and mucho cheaper.

Just my $.02 :-D

-
Back