Much Needed Topless 41 Yr Old Cosmetic Surgery

-
Ok so I was back up to the Mopar Surgeon to see how the surgery was coming on my topless darlin'. They got the torque boxes in, got it epoxy'd and got the trunk pan set in. Floor pan, 4 spd hump, new inners are done and everything seam sealed. Found my nos 1/4 for ds, waiting for it to show up, then they can hang it and finish the trunk pan. They slowed down on it a bit, which is fine cuz my wallet, needed to come up for air!!LOL I think I may have went extreme with all the steel, cuz the floor I think was repairable, as well as some other steel, but this will guarantee it never needs to be done again. Plus with the floor out they can get at the frame, clean it up and give it a spray. Hopefully I will get up there in the next couple weeks again to see the progress and get some shots with the 1/4 hung.

Thanks
4spdragtop

DSCF0219 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0221 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0225 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0226 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0228 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0229 (Medium).JPG

ahhhh man I thought this was a Blue Forum thread! Naa. just joking! She will be awesome when you finish. I bet you cant wait. look forward to the restore pictures.

Aloha Mike

That place looks familiar! Nigel is an old buddie of mine. I'm getting a bench seat redone as we speak Dave is the man! I saw your car there last week! Looking good!!!

Ya she looks good, but no thanks to me, thanks to my resto guy...me I am just the $$$ man. But when I look at her, its like lookin at a virgin playmate centerfold!!!! Cant wait to get my hands on her

That place looks familiar! Nigel is an old buddie of mine. I'm getting a bench seat redone as we speak Dave is the man! I saw your car there last week! Looking good!!!

Hey craig, is dave the upholstery guy?? If thats who you are talking about he sure does nice work!! I seen some of the stuff he is doing there with a c body convertible.

hey, very nice! I love when it all looks primered and ready to go.....i wish I can have my car at that stage!!

pretty darn nice man!!!!!!!!! your body man is doing some fine work. but its your will that has her going this well. very, very nice.

I hope I can do 1/2 the job putting her back together as what they are doing! He can literally find anything, if he doesnt have it, he will find it. Thanks

nice cuda man! i wish i could find a cuda like that for my girlfriend, always been a dream of mine lol. looks good so far, can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks sobie, for whatever reason there seems to be a lot of ragtops for sale lately, ebag and such. I just watched one, 68 "S" 383 4spd ragtop, the only other 4spd "S" rag I have ever seen. Needed a chunk of work, but would have been well worth it. If I had $$ or the bank would give me more, it would be in my driveway!! My girlfriend is starting to get jealous of my car, but in a good way...she understands..

So not a lot of progress made up at the resto shop, they were waiting for my 1/4 panel to come in, they got it on Tuesday. I will probably go pay her a visit next week. I brought the 8 3/4 home so I could put new brakes on....be a lot easier with the rearend out. I bought a small sand blast cabinet from Princess Auto, so I am just dying to use it. I thought I would take the axles out and the pumpkin out to reseal and rebearing it and sand blast the brake stuff. If I get adventurous I might put a make shift shower curtain up and s/b the diff housing. Gears look good though!! I noticed one very small nick in 1 tooth, I took a pic, the nick is in the tooth to the left of the white paint marker. Axle splines all look good, so I will leave them alone as well. There is still the original paint marks on the rear end out by the drivers side perch. I strung her up to drain it out then I will use component cleaner or something to clean her up. Drums look good, but I will have to measure to make sure they are good. Thanks for stopping in.....oh yeah garage is a disaster I know, more ambition to make a mess than clean it up!

DSCF0419 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0456 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0457 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0458 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0462 (Medium).JPG

Hey Martin, tell you what.......ah never mind I was gonna make a comment and then realized its about 2 guys doing each others rearends.......AND THAT JUST AINT RIGHT!!!LOL

Hey 4spd - My 67 f/s ragtop is a 4spd! and My good buddy John has a 68 340s 4spd vert - 1 of like 9. His 68 is originally yellow n black stripes, blk interior. He n his brother r in process of restoring it for like the third time or so. My car has the 273 commando you can see it here on FABO http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=27848 - cant wait to see your updates - good on ya for rescuing her she will pay you back believe me!!!:thumbrig::supz:
Bill

Hey Bill just flipped thru your thread...that is one very very very nice car!! That silver is awesome....I was thinking silver for mine, but unfortunately silver wasnt my factory color. Yours is an "S" too?? That paint just shines!! I bet you are very proud!! I would love to be able to just pour the money to her, but I am back in school, so $$$ are very tight to say the least. I am doing as much as I can myself and the body and paint is left to the pros. I would love to see pics of your buddies ragtop as well!

Steve

Just stick with it Steve your makin great progress - I worked on my car for 14 year!!!!!
a little here - a little more there!!! and finally got all the metal welded and roughed in and then turned it over 2 the pros 4 final body prep and paint - it still cost me a 99 Harley softail and a 72 Triumph Daytona 500 - I called that a toy consolidation loan!!! but hey - no regrets!!!
Cant wait 2 see your progress !! - Bill

Thanks Bill, yeah I am trying to be patient with her....definitely difficult tho!! I bought her almost 19 years ago and it has never spun the wheels....not under her own power anyway. In the beginning, no house...then a house with no garage.... now finally a house and a garage and I am back in college go figure so $$ are tight. Wish I had started a loooong time ago!! Oh well by the time she is done I should qualify for the "Silver" insurance!!

Steve

-
Back