Much Needed Topless 41 Yr Old Cosmetic Surgery

-
very nice work Dude !

Thanks Papstxx!

Thanks Poppabear

I havent really done anything...its the resto shop. They are taking their time with her as my bank acct cant handle it all right now. Also Im just starting to get my garage set up, all I had for hydro was an ext cord. and a borrowed compressor. Got my s/b cabinet and a compressor is on its way so I get to make rusty things look purty!!

So its been a while since I have posted anything. Between renos on the house(new eavestrough, fascia, new breaker panel in the house) and oh yeah power in the garage I havent had much time for the car. Still lots of wiring to do in the garage, but I got the panel in and lights are up. I took pics of the trench to the garage I had to make and the machine I rented. Let me tell you its the best $50 I spent renting that!! I finally got the rearend back together after sandblasting the housing in my hillbilly sandblast cabinet(homemade sandbox and medium duty poly) and great advice from members here. My dad has given me his compressor that he wasnt using, so hopefully that will make the sandblasting a little easier. I bought all new brakes, hardware and drums and was hoping to put the brakes on today, but after checking the drums they are the wrong ones. I thought I would put the shoes etc on and just blast my old ones and give them a coat of paint. Especially after finding out that new drums are $115 each!! I had to JB weld one of my backing plates too as it had a small split in it. Well I just was getting comfy getting ready to sit on my favorite milk crate and realized I hadnt ordered emergency cables!! Man I can be so disorganized. Drums I bought almost 2 months ago that I should have checked right away are wrong and now I wait for emerg cables. Oh well the slower I go maybe that means the slower I go in debt. Here are some pics of the progress, I made on the rearend. Hopefully post more pics this week after I go to the shop to see how they are making out. I took pics of the drums, I have no idea what they are for and neither did the guy I returned them too LOL.
Steve

DSCF0462 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0725 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0722 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0724 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0832 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0833 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0858 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0884 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0885 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0886 (Medium).JPG

Wow, last time I posted was in July...that should give me a kick in the *** to get motivated with this!! I was deliberating what to do with the k-frame, whether to powdercoat, paint or what. Seen a few pics from members on here giving me some ideas. I went the POR route.

Before I could put the POR on I setup my Hillbilly sandblast shower stall again. I live right in town so sandblasting outside is not an option, plus I wanted to re-use my glass if at all possible. I went to a hardware store and bought some of the small grey pvc conduit, light duty poly and picked up a cheap shower curtain. The conduit is to hold my shower curtain and I simply hung it from the trusses with screws and mech wire. I put the shower curtain up, but realized that I may need 2 shower curtains. I then stapled poly on the trusses, around the outside of the conduit. Once that was all up, I slid my "sandbox" underneath. The poly hung down and I held it in place inside the sandbox with bricks. The showercurtain worked as a "funnel" and I kept the bottom of it in the 5 gal pail of sand. This way it helped recycle the sand and keep it in the pail. I hung my k-frame from a truss and I proceeded to make some noise...and a mess!! LOL
I thought the POR was a bit pricey at $12 for a small tin. Go figure I bought 2 tins and I only used maybe 1/4 of a tin. The stuff is pretty amazing, no brush strokes and it come out looking like glass!!

If anyone has any other ideas or advice on my Hillbilly sandblast shower cabinet I am open to advice.

Attachments

• DSCF1266 (Medium).JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 647
  • DSCF1264 (Medium).JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 650
  • DSCF1262 (Medium).JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 654
  • DSCF1228 (Medium).JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCF1222 (Medium).JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 656
  • DSCF1218 (Medium).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 652
  • DSCF1219 (Medium).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 659
  • DSCF1217 (Medium).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 662
  • DSCF1214 (Medium).JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 661
Car like that I'd go from white to black so fast it would make your head spin and fall off

Car like that I'd go from white to black so fast it would make your head spin and fall off

LOL I know what you are saying. I was kinda torn as to what color to go with her, but I thought to do the car justice I should put the orig color on her, which is I think a F8 green. Resto guy is gonna add a little more flake in it to make it pop.

Steve, Im having the same dilema. My barracuda is supposed to be Y2 sunfire yellow (YUCK). I want to paint it black so bad but I just cant do it. I'm going with Y2, ho hum. No offence to any other Y2 cars.

Steve, Im having the same dilema. My barracuda is supposed to be Y2 sunfire yellow (YUCK). I want to paint it black so bad but I just cant do it. I'm going with Y2, ho hum. No offence to any other Y2 cars.

Yep, we might not like our colors, but we will still gonna be grinning ear to ear when their done! I guess its kinda like humpin' Raquel Welch as a brunette, then she comes home one day and she has dyed her hair blonde.....is that gonna make the "ride" any less fun???? Didnt think so!!

Hey bumn' no updates. I am off for 2 more weeks now, so I will go up to see what is going on and see how much$$$ it will take to get her home. I wouldnt think its too much. I have acquired most of my goodies that I need, except for really nice tail lights and a super nice fender emblem. Heater is working in the garage, so time for some cleanup in the garage and maybe tear the engine down??

Looking great.You guys in the rough weather areas amaze me sometimes with the weathered cars you tackle. Nice work !

Please paint this car the original color.

JD

Thanks guys, she will be going the orig color, not the color of choice, but to do it justice she needs the orig color. Hopefully show more progress in the next couple of months

Thanks for the input!!

Thanks guys, she will be going the orig color, not the color of choice, but to do it justice she needs the orig color. Hopefully show more progress in the next couple of months

Thanks for the input!!

Nice project,sixty nines are so rare these days.
I bought a motor from a guy in north Seattle about
five years ago and he had the exact same car.He pulled it out of a junk yard in Seattle in 1975.It had been stolen but was found with all the parts stripped off it and stacked inside the car.
He bought it from the wrecking yard and put it back together.
It is dark green with the deluxe tan interior ,console 4 speed formula s model.It is all original paint ,exhaust tips etc.etc.
It didn't look like he ever drove it their must have been a 1/2 inch of dust on it. He did have two orther 340 barracudas and a killer 39 plymouth.
I have never seen another 69 340-s rag top ever anywhere.8)

Thanks clutch, she is a project that needs(ed) a lot of work, but with how low prod #'s I want to do it right. Did the Seattle guy ever finish the one from the wrecking yard?? What a find that is! I gave Matthon my info, so I am hoping to find someone else with the same car, at Moparfest this summer I saw same car, but 383 car!! Same every way ragtop, 4spd, formula s but his was big block #'s match everything. Nice car, 1st time I ever saw one.

Thanks clutch, she is a project that needs(ed) a lot of work, but with how low prod #'s I want to do it right. Did the Seattle guy ever finish the one from the wrecking yard?? What a find that is! I gave Matthon my info, so I am hoping to find someone else with the same car, at Moparfest this summer I saw same car, but 383 car!! Same every way ragtop, 4spd, formula s but his was big block #'s match everything. Nice car, 1st time I ever saw one.

Oh yah ,it didnt take much to just put the interior back in.
I don't think he ever drives it .I have never seen it out on the road.
He may never drive it because it is pretty rare.I know he is in the seattle chapter of mopar's unlimited but I have never seen any of his car's at any shows.

I did a search and tried to find the easiest way to get the bushings out of the UCA, with not much luck. Pettybludart gave me some advice that helped and said to burn them out :thumbrig:That got rid of the rubber, but i still had to "press" out the leftovers. $$ is tight, so I ended up using 3/8 threaded rod, washers, some sockets and some heat to get them out. 1st pic is pressing them out. Worked pretty good actually. Once I got them out, I just reversed it, used a deeper socket and pulled the new ones in(2nd pic) They go in a heck of a lot easier then coming out!! Although it aint much it feels good to get this done. I'll finish sandblasting and paint them tomorrow. Back to studying:read2:

Can anyone tell me what is up with the plate welded on to the bottom of the drivers side UCA??

Attachments

• DSCF0132 (Medium).JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 545
  • DSCF0135 (Medium).JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCF0138 (Medium).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 530
I did a search and tried to find the easiest way to get the bushings out of the UCA, with not much luck. Pettybludart gave me some advice that helped and said to burn them out :thumbrig:That got rid of the rubber, but i still had to "press" out the leftovers. $$ is tight, so I ended up using 3/8 threaded rod, washers, some sockets and some heat to get them out. 1st pic is pressing them out. Worked pretty good actually. Once I got them out, I just reversed it, used a deeper socket and pulled the new ones in(2nd pic) They go in a heck of a lot easier then coming out!! Although it aint much it feels good to get this done. I'll finish sandblasting and paint them tomorrow. Back to studying:read2:

Can anyone tell me what is up with the plate welded on to the bottom of the drivers side UCA??

What a great car! Now I understand your screen name! I never knew.. LOL great work.

Finally have read your resto thread 4spd. Very nice and rare car you are building. I agree with painting it the original color.......there are too many restored Mopars that are impact colors. I am amazed at what skilled bodywork can be done on these old classics. Congrats and I'm looking forward to the progress :cheers:

Thanks C, as tempting as it is to pick a color I wanted, I felt I had to go back to the orig. The painter said he could add a little more flake to it so it really pops.

Thanks

-
Back