Muffler bearings

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need a little help here.
Do they go on the inlet or exhaust end.
Can I press them on, as my right shoulder is still to weak to swing a hammer, and I don't own a left handed one.

Geez, those things are hard to find. I was told they're on the shelf by the headlight fluid but my store must be out of stock.
Where'd you find them?

A short list of tools you'll need.

Metric crescent wrench.
Left handed screwdriver.
Board stretcher.
Skyhook.

Metric crescent wrench.
Left handed screwdriver.
Board stretcher.
Skyhook.
Thanks will those tools also help to install the radiator hoses an clamps on my old 70 Volkswagen.
Is the Board stretcher anything like the weekend stretcher ?
I have a few of them.

While you're working on your car, don't forget to check under the hood. Top off your blinker fluid. Don't get caught in the middle of January without it!
dcc-blinkerfluid-all-purpose-blinker-fluid-8oz-5.jpg

you will need a bearing puller to get the old one off. don't forget to remove the tailpipe, it makes the job a little less painless.
Timken makes a very good replacement bearing. good luck, you're gonna need it.

Metric crescent wrench.
Left handed screwdriver.
Board stretcher.
Skyhook.
I have been around for awhile but never heard of the first two on your list. LOL!

I have been around for awhile but never heard of the first two on your list. LOL!

A metric crescent wrench is a real "thing". We sell them at work. One marked in SAE graduations, the other in metric. I liked to fell out when I saw it.

Last edited:
A bottle of steam works really good at getting those pipes loose. a lot better than using a cutting torch, you don't have hoses to drag around underneath the car.

Last time I changed mine the auto parts store sold me the wrong ones. Spent two hours looking for my left handed crescent wrench so I could install them.

If you find a bolt stretcher,almost any bearing will work.

-
Back