Muscle Car TV....360 build

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a heads up, next week on Muscle car TV they will be doing a 360 build. They ussually Dyno the engines after the builds, so it will be neat to see them do a dodge for once. The one host said he doesn't think he has ever done a 360. I have been watching a long time, and all I see them do is oval, and bow tie junk.

Cool to see a mopar for once.

Keep your eyes peeled next week on Sat

Phil

Thanks for the heads-up. I start my 360 build on wednesday. Be a good way to wake up on the weekend and get in the mood come saturday.

Yep, and I'm going to take a wild guess and say the 360 turns out to be about the same.

Ya,the 440 was built by the same engine builder that does all thier chev crap. It turned out pretty lame. I've seen the same moron build some real duds in ford and chev flavour.

ya he managed to build a 440 + 6 engine with less hp than the factory. watched him use a torch to get the small end of a rod cherry red to install the piston.

Horsepower TV doesn't even compare to the engine builders on this site. If it's not a blue oval or a bowtie those guys don't have a clue. About a month ago they said that they will be building another 440 to compare to their 454-460 builds. They are comparing budget pump gas big block builds as well as more expensive pump gas builds. We will see if they have gotten their s*^& together this time.

I'm willing to donate a complete 73 360 for the show but i need it back after i the show is over.

Yeah them guys will have parts donated from some off the shelf chinese hot rod store and pistons in the hole about an inch and a 600 vac sec carb no telling what else and then at the end it will run worse than a wore out junk yard motor and make all us mopar guys and gals look worthless, this show is no supporter of mopars thats for sure

I saw some of it.

cast piston 360
1.88 J heads
218/228 448 lift summit cam cut on a 114 LSA - that will help...
Stealth intake
POS 600cfm from feed carb. Looked like a summit carb

Made 314hp/380tq

IIRC, both the ford/chevy had forged pistons in it and used a holley carb.

They also said that the heads used up to 72 had 2.02 valves and after had 1.88... ummmm yeah OK!

To call them retarded is an insult to people afflicted with that condition.

Yup,I watched it. 360 had stock pistons,rods ,1.88 heads. Small 1.5 inch headers and a small cam about .440 lift. Weiand hi rise intake. 314 h.p and almost 390 lb/ft torque. Very flat torque curve and nice steady h.p curve,lots of area under the curves. Nice simple stock motor that idled stock.

About what I expected. They took a stock motor,cammed it and put a crappy intake on it.

I saw some of it.

cast piston 360
1.88 J heads
218/228 448 lift summit cam
Stealth intake
POS 600cfm from feed carb. Looked like a summit carb

Made 314hp/380tq

IIRC, both the ford/chevy had forged pistons in it and used a holley carb.

They also said that the heads used up to 72 had 2.02 valves and after had 1.88... ummmm yeah OK!

To call them retarded is an insult to people afflicted with that condition.

It was actually hilarious listening to chev/ford guys pretend to know about mopars..Most mopar people I know were laughing at them.

I forgot about the 1 1/2" headers with 2.5" collector... they helped.

BUT, a 1 5/8 with 3" collector would have been better.

They stated it was a stock rebuild. Especially with a pathetic 600cfm carb. And the fact that oiling thru the rocker shafts confused them.

Ok. Don't shoot me, But what would have been a good build for a 360 and why. The parts needed and the mods to those parts. Curious here.

Block
Heads
Cam
intake
Carb
Ignition
oil pan
Cam drive
Valve train
Fuel
pistons
rods
etc
etc

Whip

Ok. Don't shoot me, But what would have been a good build for a 360 and why. The parts needed and the mods to those parts. Curious here.

Block what they used
Heads what they used
Cam xe268h
intake rpm performer
Carb holley 600 if limited to 600 cfm
Ignition what they used
oil pan what they used
Cam drive what they used
Valve train what they used
Fuel
pistons kb107's
rods stock
etc
etc

Whip

here you go

I don't remember it exactly, but on their 440 Cuda build, they called an 8 3/4 an 8 1/4, and replaced it with a Ford 9", saying the '8 1/4' couldn't handle the power from their 440.

When they built the 440 6Pak motor they bought some really heavy pistons that would not work with the factory forged crank...they sure solved that problem!!! The got a set of Eagle rods and an Eagle crank from China!!!LOL:angry7:
I consider adding lots of weight to the rotating assembly a true performance upgrade, don't you???

There is a large thread on here somewhere when we were all ticked off about it....the guy used a die grinder on the sealing surfaces of the block and, as already mentioned, torched the little end of the connecting rods!

-
Back