Musclecar guy from the 70s

-

OldmanRick

Reaction score
Been lurking for 3yrs. I feel like i know most of you. I'm not sure what to post here. Moved to a upper middle class neighborhood outside of Wash DC in 1970 because my father worked for the Federal govt. The Neighborhood i moved into was filled with Mopars. I was only 11 years old, but the young men in the area took me under there wing. My grandfather was a service manager at a GM dealership and tought me alot about the factory cars at that time. What transpired with me on the streets in the 70s and early 80s i could probably write a book. Have been involved with alot of american muscle, but i love a 340 @ 7000rpm.;-)

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

Can relate....for me it was suburbs of Philadelphia. While muscle cars were abundant everywhere, the serious racing was in the city (Front Street, Delaware Ave, Passyunk Ave. etc.) Was not uncommon for full on race cars to be trailered in and if the money was right, off they'd come. Pretty wild stuff and tons of memories. Before being old enough to drive I can still remember spending nights at my sisters house in Philly and hearing cars doing their burnouts and then rowing through the gears late at night. My dad was a Service Manager for the now defunct Springfield Dodge in 60's & 70's so saw plenty of iron come and go.

100_1647.jpg

Yes this is the greatest site for mopars! I don't have a Abody at this time but a 70 Duster 340 is on my wish list. As soon as the finances will allow. Talked my best friend into buying one in 1974 and i wish i had that car today. I have pictures of it and when i dig then out of storage i will try and post them............F8 green w/TX9 Black int. I worked on and absolutely loved that car:smile:

71 Dartman, it was a cool time on the east coast back then, there was some serious stuff going on. More then once i saw some hardware come out over a street race.

thats right rick, you cought the bug years ago, and eventually you'll get used to it and buy one!.

Badart, i don't have a Abody at this time. Hope the economy picks up soon and i can get some work. Only a matter of time, i will have one before i leave this world

rick, i seem to have good luck finding 340 70 dusters at alarmingly low prices. ill keep you in mind. i have had a few that were savable like a 71 with 340 orange with orange interior. had to part it as no one had the cash to buy it!

Plot, always watch your posts. great work you do. Congrats on the house!! I lived in Chesterfield just SW of Richmond for 5 yrs. takin care of mom after dad passed, until we bought a foreclosed property in Charleston SC area. Almost done so hope a A body is in my future.

you know how they say.........jack-*** of all trades, and master of none!.lmao fits me so well

:cheers:Ok guys, after years of lurking i finally have access to the blue forum.....be back in a month or so...lol.

Rick, I just picked up a 340 LB (9/22/67 casting date) complete and definitely rebuildable for $350. Worse case scenario, find a good body and make yourself a 'clone,' 'tribute,' or 'it's my car and I want it this way' hot rod.

Thanks 383, gonna try to get the funds together by fall so i can have a winter project:smile:.

Nice score V-100. I've always loved the Lg. bore, long rod, 3.31 stroke combo. Then again i'm old school so i'm not afraid of alot of gear either...lol

I'm from the hyattsville riverdale area of maryland grew up watchin street races at v street down in DC, by all means if ya feel like tellin us about "back in the day" were all ear's
Been lurking for 3yrs. I feel like i know most of you. I'm not sure what to post here. Moved to a upper middle class neighborhood outside of Wash DC in 1970 because my father worked for the Federal govt. The Neighborhood i moved into was filled with Mopars. I was only 11 years old, but the young men in the area took me under there wing. My grandfather was a service manager at a GM dealership and tought me alot about the factory cars at that time. What transpired with me on the streets in the 70s and early 80s i could probably write a book. Have been involved with alot of american muscle, but i love a 340 @ 7000rpm.;-)

-
Back