Status
Not open for further replies.

SixFourDart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Contact seller
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye

This car is a project resto car for someone with more time than I have. The car for the most part is complete. Does have some rust issues. It was a factory vinyl top so the top has rust along the front and by the rear window. The trunk pan does have some rust starting and could be fixed. The car will need both rear quarter panels and lower rockers. I have new front floor pans for the car the rear floor is in good shape.
It is a factory rallye car
318 automatic with console and 8 3/4 rearend with both front and rear sway bars. The car also has front power disc brakes and power steering. Interior is black vinyl buckets with console and rallye cluster gauges.
I do have the original build sheet for the car. the fender tag was missing when I bought it and has not yet turned up.
I do not have the original engine or transmission but do have other engines availble. I was going to put a big block in it and make a nice street car but some personal issues have just recently came up and I have to sell the car as soon as I can.
Here is some more info on the car..
VIN-JH23G4B285342
KB5 Lucerne Blue Metallic

Asking $4500.OBO
Located in Illinois

Call 217-341-9571 or 217-229-3393 for more info

I also have other Mopar parts and engines for sale.

6784420992527-1974-Dodge-Challenger-Rallye.jpg

I knew I shouldn't have brought those tool box's !!!!!!!!!! ARUGH!

LOL

Engine is currently out of the car. Comes with 318 and trans or other options could be considered..

Sounds pretty high to me. I paid less for my 340 4 speed car, and it has no rust in the floors, trunk, or quarters! I bought this when the market was high! :toothy10:

72a.jpg

Sounds pretty high to me. I paid less for my 340 4 speed car, and it has no rust in the floors, trunk, or quarters! I bought this when the market was high! :toothy10:

The price is only high since you don't own the car! If it was your car to sell you would be asking 2K more for it!:angry7:

You Mopar:snakeman:

:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

since the floors,quarters,rockers are rusted, i bet if you start picking and prodin at it youll find more rust on the frame (behind bumper brackets,and rear sway bar brackets) and bubblage around the front shock towers and behind the hood hinges. my dad found rust in all these spots on his 74 chally and his is in about the same shape but the rockers are good and the only bad floor pan is the left front, but the left rear pan and trunk floor have pin holes

The price is only high since you don't own the car! If it was your car to sell you would be asking 2K more for it!:angry7:

You Mopar:snakeman:

:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

Grow up!! I was actually thinking if it was mine and I had to sell it fast, it would be more like $2500.00! I just sold a 71 383 Road Runner that may have been a little worse for $2000.00. My prices are more than fair, it's not my fault your a cheap bastard who is living in the past! :angry7:

As for the price I am open to offers....I love how some people love to complain about prices when they are not even interested in a part or car. I guess that just comes with the territory. I could price the car at $2500 and people would still think the price is high, oh well....

Grow up!! I was actually thinking if it was mine and I had to sell it fast, it would be more like $2500.00! I just sold a 71 383 Road Runner that may have been a little worse for $2000.00. My prices are more than fair, it's not my fault your a cheap bastard who is living in the past! :angry7:

lay off man.
you would just love it up here in canada, a few months ago bare shell no interor no running gear no glass nothing, a 318 charger went for $7000. his challenger, the condition its in, up in canada people would be easily paying his price if not more.

lay off man.
you would just love it up here in canada, a few months ago bare shell no interor no running gear no glass nothing, a 318 charger went for $7000. his challenger, the condition its in, up in canada people would be easily paying his price if not more.

That wasn't even directed to the guy with the car. maybe you should read the post!! :read2:

I hope i don't piss anyone off when i get around to selling one of my cars. Might just chance it. From what i see 440 , your in the range. Granted , there are STEALS out there.

I hope i don't piss anyone off when i get around to selling one of my cars. Might just chance it. From what i see 440 , your in the range. Granted , there are STEALS out there.

I agree..... And thanks for offering it on here... You could just as easily put it on E-Bay and get more but you chose to put it on here and give some of us a chance at it...... If I was in the market for another car I would seriously consider this one.... Good luck with the sell.....

I'm all for, for sale ad posting only that won't accept replies.
If a party is interested they can PM the seller instead of turning the thread into a grudge match.

Seriously though, who want's comments and opinions on for sale ads?

Just wishful thinking.

im sorry i wasnt trying to start this into a grudge match. the guy is just trying to sell his car, probably trying to sell it without losing too much of what he put into it. then you get someone saying "well i sold a 340 car for half that price" and then adding in how he is a cheap bastard living in the past? its one thing to say that you think its a bit pricey, its another thing to start throwing insults out there when the guy is just trying to sell his car.

i did read the post. thats why i quoted what you said to 72swinger360.
you in a bad mood or somethin?

im sorry i wasnt trying to start this into a grudge match. the guy is just trying to sell his car, probably trying to sell it without losing too much of what he put into it. then you get someone saying "well i sold a 340 car for half that price" and then adding in how he is a cheap bastard living in the past? its one thing to say that you think its a bit pricey, its another thing to start throwing insults out there when the guy is just trying to sell his car.

You do realize that 72swinger360 is not the one selling the car right? He just posted some wise comment directed at me. That is why I said for HIM to grow up.
As far as the car he said he wanted to sell it soon, in MY OPINION he may have been asking to much. Hope this makes it all clear! :read2:

BTW- I NEVER said I sold anything for half his price, I just stated that I paid a little less than that for my 340 car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back