Mustang II Front End

-
Very Cool!

Fwaugh, did you have any fit issues with the rack? That was the hardest part of my install. Had to go manual. Nice brake system too. Why did you notch the frame?

How's the ride, etc, ... ?

Very Cool!

Fwaugh, did you have any fit issues with the rack? That was the hardest part of my install. Had to go manual. Nice brake system too. Why did you notch the frame?

How's the ride, etc, ... ?

You can only use a manual rack. There is about a 1/4 inch clearance between rack and oil pan. The hardest part of my install was the frame prep. PITA for sure.
You only need to notch the frame if you run the air bags. The ride is great and lots of adjustment. I am still trying to dial it in and will take it for a final alignment once I get it running at the best ride height. I want more -camber then it has now to increase cornering ability.

Looks like a good install....8)

What is the lowest point on the front end....oil pan, crossmember,headers or rack??

Looks like a good install....8)

What is the lowest point on the front end....oil pan, crossmember,headers or rack??

the cross member is the lowest point and hangs 8 inches below frame. Same as the Alterk. At ride hieght I have about 5 inches to floor.

-
Back