My 1966 dart race car.

-
sounds good! I'll be expecting a box on my porch then.... :)

Pretty sure still second as Dustin went out early in Bakersfield...... Kurt is on a terror. I'm the only round he's lost this season. He won in Sac too. Pretty much untouchable now. I just need to hold on to two.

I have not posted in a while. Since I am the only Mopar guy at Crower be looking for some new mopar rockers coming soon. I have a set of the new Victor heads and I have flowed them. They flow close to what they are advertised at. We got a max flow of 350CFM. that still really good. Plus I have another match race coming up and I made the poster. Go me.

mrm11-cover.jpg

nothing in concrete for July..... but I did order another torque converter :)

Been awhile since I have posted anything been really busy with life kids and racing is still part of my life but have never gotten around to posting. So I had a little block issue small cracks bottom of bore leaking water. Took it apart and all looks like I caught it before total destruction. Crank had hot spotted from the rods that were super heated from steam. No bearings spun but they were about to. So needless to say found a new block, block filled it, and it was already 0.030" over but will clean up at 0.040". Sonic checked at 0.190" at the smallest point on a non thrust side so that is good. So this next engine is going to be stuff that has been left around. Since I work for crower we have some really good stuff laying around. So needed new rods and stuff that was custom made, payed for but never picked up happens alot at Crower. These rods were made ten years ago but the person never came to pick them up. So I got them but they are for a BBC 6.138" 927 pin and made for a two inch rod journal. That's not a misprint 6.138" this may be why they were never picked up since they were made for an NHRA customer who wrote the work ticket wrong when it was faxed in. Faxed yes in yes remember 10 years ago. Ok not a big deal crank needed to be turned so we turned down to the rod journals to 2". Well if we are going to do that might as well offset grind it to gain a little more stroke. 4.120 stroke to be exact. Here we have it 4.040" bore and 4.120" stroke and here we have a 422.5 or a 423 cube small block. Next thing pistons and they will have to be custom made not a big deal CP-Carrillo is good friends of Crower and got those for a mega deal going to end up at 12.75-1 compression. There it is the new, used, left over, used up next engine.

PS Just so I dont get this.........I block filled one side at a time with both heads and main caps bolted down for one week then the other side for one week then left it alone bolted together for a month before this pic was taken, grease is for the threads to keep free of crap while harding. The factory drain plugs at the bottom of block are still usable because I used a rubber hose stretched out while block fill hardened. It is filled 0.500" below the water pump and plenty of room around head bolt bosses as not to create a steam pocket.

20161006_145009.jpg

20161002_154440.jpg

Last edited:
no March Meet for you! :)
No but will be there working the Crower area. In fact I would not be able to race this march meet anyways because I am working that weekend. So this engine build could not come at a better time. April is my next race.

hoping to get my junk out in April too.... probably in Vegas though at MaTS.

Nice lil intake..... back in our W5 era

512bc90c.jpg

....and hence the 6" cowl hood :)

Sold the complete W5 top end in late 12.... $3500. only have the 1 door stop head and a section of another.

After many very expensive trips to different porters my 360-1 heads have just hit a limit that they just cant go beyond anymore. I have been making it up with cam shaft but I have just hit a point that cant be crested anymore by fiddle ******* with things. In other words it is what it is. So now I have a mound of parts and the assembly begins. Only people from A bodies only will know what I am building and I am using lefter over crap here at Crower that has been sitting on the shelf for 10+ years that no one ever picked up.

I'm working on a 340 build...4.125 stroke 4.070 bore.. flat tops with my 360-1s.. I think it will be a flat tappet. so I can use a bunch of leftover parts.. your intake looks nice.. does cower make rocker arms for the 360-1s.. bracket engine for my car

I'm working on a 340 build...4.125 stroke 4.070 bore.. flat tops with my 360-1s.. I think it will be a flat tappet. so I can use a bunch of leftover parts.. your intake looks nice.. does cower make rocker arms for the 360-1s.. bracket engine for my car

As of now no. The problem is the intake offset of 0.800"

and of course.... now there's a 59 degree R3 2 bolt main, 9.56 deck in the long beach area that could probably be procured.

....and it sold quicker than I could get info exchanged.

-
Back