My 1971 Duster 6.1 Hemi build

-
I’ll take some time and get some updates over the holidays. I saved a lot of money over Black Friday with EFI Source,,TTi, American Autowire, Classic Auto Air, glass, all new moldings, fuel system, wheels, Viper front calipers, Hydroboost master cylinder.

JJ’s going to start cutting in the color over the holidays as well and finish up a couple of custom touches, one you’ll see, the other you shouldn’t but will allow room for the 255/40-18s.

More to come soon!

I’ll take some time and get some updates over the holidays. I saved a lot of money over Black Friday with EFI Source,,TTi, American Autowire, Classic Auto Air, glass, all new moldings, fuel system, wheels, Viper front calipers, Hydroboost master cylinder.

JJ’s going to start cutting in the color over the holidays as well and finish up a couple of custom touches, one you’ll see, the other you shouldn’t but will allow room for the 255/40-18s.

More to come soon!
Cool - Should fit anyway, I've got 275-35-18s on mine and probably didn't even need the offset shackles. The front is stock but with pan head bolts on the support and the fender braces pushed out in their original slots.

Cool - Should fit anyway, I've got 275-35-18s on mine and probably didn't even need the offset shackles. The front is stock but with pan head bolts on the support and the fender braces pushed out in their original slots.
Pat, I’m going to try 18x10 24mm offset with the 255/40s, big spindles with Viper GEN II discs, QA 1 upper control arms. You’re thoughts?

I'm not sure what your rotor offset is. If everything else was the same as mine...
upload_2019-12-19_20-5-42.png

Just for comparison purposes, my car has:
74 A-body Disk Spindles
Dr Diff 13" Mustang Cobra Brake kit
Hotchkis UCA's
Alignment -3/4 degree camber +7 caster, 1/16" toe

The caster moves the tire back in the wheelwell a bit so that puts you in the pan head screws. I also had to do a small slice to the inner edge of that tab but it's not a huge deal. The dodge versions don't even have that tab.

If your wheel and tire setup is actually narrower on track width than mine it will help a bit too.

All those numbers seem to be in my favor. Are you saying my wheel may hit me he upped part of the spindle?

Last edited:
No, though which spindles are they? A/E or F/M/J body? If they are the later taller ones you will want to check the clearance to the wheel at droop just to be sure.

The enemy for you is a brake kit that sticks out more than mine and the slightly taller tire which will take up more wheel well real estate. Otherwise it looks OK to me

-
Back