My $210.00 3 Inch Exhaust System

-
Great price on a nice exhaust system. Do you plan to wrap the passenger side pipe (near the gas tank) to keep from introducing heat into your gas tank??

Great price on a nice exhaust system. Do you plan to wrap the passenger side pipe (near the gas tank) to keep from introducing heat into your gas tank??
I would hope that the exhaust would be cool enough by then that it shouldn't be an issue but if it is I will most definitely wrap it.

I would hope that the exhaust would be cool enough by then that it shouldn't be an issue but if it is I will most definitely wrap it.
i agree...on a normal car the exhaust pipe should be warmish by the time it gets to the back but you're running a healthy engine that will produce some HP and heat. Warm gas can lead to vapor lock, you being in Pa. reduces that problem?? Good luck with your car!!

treblig

Never seen pipes run under the gas tank before. Mine go around/next to the tank between leaf srpings and tank.

If you're worried about the fuel tank becoming a heat sink, fairly simple solution is to wrap your exhaust or install some simple (OEM) heat shielding off a newer car.

There wasn't enough room to fit it between but it's not sitting low enough to hit anything.
I run a 265.00 JEGS mandrel bent 3" pipe kit ...theres room unless the springs were moved in.
You'd be surprised what can hit or get caught on. Glad you're stoked. Enjoy your ride.

Last edited:
Never seen pipes run under the gas tank before. Mine go around/next to the tank between leaf srpings and tank.
Very comon to run exhuast over the axle and then straight back under the tank over here,mostly on Camaros but have seen plenty of it on all kinds of old cars,certainly not perfect but it works.

I run 3" pipes, theres room unless the springs were moved in.
You'd be surprised what can hit or get caught on. Glad you're stoked. Enjoy your ride.
Thanks,
I am enjoying it. Every time I go to a cruise some one always comments on how the car sounds. The last cruise I went to I hung out until the very end. Some guy literally stayed until I left to shoot video of it starting and driving away. Right now between the sound and the performance I would say I definitely got my $210.00 worth LOL

Thanks,
I am enjoying it. Every time I go to a cruise some one always comments on how the car sounds. The last cruise I went to I hung out until the very end. Some guy literally stayed until I left to shoot video of it starting and driving away. Right now between the sound and the performance I would say I definitely got my $210.00 worth LOL

Nice setup! I'm going to do the same to my '64 Valiant. The exhaust broke off this weekend. I was curious on the number of hangers you put on.

Nice setup! I'm going to do the same to my '64 Valiant. The exhaust broke off this weekend. I was curious on the number of hangers you put on.
Thanks!
The front hangs from the headers, just behind the mufflers I have a hanger and we cut the reducer off of the tips and welded the tailpipes to the factory exhaust tips (they are 3" once you cut the reducer) they hang from the factory hangers.

Thanks!
The front hangs from the headers, just behind the mufflers I have a hanger and we cut the reducer off of the tips and welded the tailpipes to the factory exhaust tips (they are 3" once you cut the reducer) they hang from the factory hangers.

Thank you

-
Back