My 318....Is no more..... :(

-
well dang, finally got it installed last week...still got a few things to do...

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2515-1.jpg

IMG_2516-1.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

what color is the timing chain cover and water pump? or is it just blasted then clear coated?

After spending over an hour reading this thread from front to back and enjoying every minute of it even when things start to get heated,I have 1 question to ask? I take it you live alone and own your own house no wife involved because it brought back some good old memories of a year I tore down one of my old Harleys in the Dining room( I threw the old table and chairs away) and completely restored it over the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays all the time watching tv and drinking beer heck my son was about 12 years old and me and him wrapped garland and lights around the bike and used it as a christmas tree LMAO ,Backed it out on the front porch on dec.29th at 11 o'clock at night and fired it up Drag pipes and all. Good luck with everything and I hope you are going sideways down the road soon,with the only noise being the squealing tires and exhaust :burnout:

Nice job Dude!Now it,s time to enjoy it!Drive with care,now that you,re a daddy!LOL:D

thank you! i know its comin along nicely, i have a few more things to do, find a battery, wire some stuff, and build my trans cooler lines, im using -AN fittings with nylon braided flex hose. All XRP stuff... but i will for sure drive with care, im feeding baby a bottle right now. lol

Looking Good, that engine bay looks clean !
thanks jo!

Turned out nice.whensssssssssss the first:burnout:

stil gotta few things to do, but i hope real soon!! ill post a vid when i get it running...:D:D:D:D:D

what color is the timing chain cover and water pump? or is it just blasted then clear coated?

timing chain cover is painted aluminum....i left the water pump bare cast aluminum, i didnt even clear coat it....that was probably a mistake.....lol

After spending over an hour reading this thread from front to back and enjoying every minute of it even when things start to get heated,I have 1 question to ask? I take it you live alone and own your own house no wife involved because it brought back some good old memories of a year I tore down one of my old Harleys in the Dining room( I threw the old table and chairs away) and completely restored it over the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays all the time watching tv and drinking beer heck my son was about 12 years old and me and him wrapped garland and lights around the bike and used it as a christmas tree LMAO ,Backed it out on the front porch on dec.29th at 11 o'clock at night and fired it up Drag pipes and all. Good luck with everything and I hope you are going sideways down the road soon,with the only noise being the squealing tires and exhaust :burnout:

This is all at my dads house...my car is in his driveway, and most of my parts are in the living room as soon as you walk into the house..but there is also another living room that we built/added on to the house 9 years ago, which is on the other side...so it doesnt bother him, hes a car guy too, and helps me work on my stuff and loves every minute of it. my mother and father has some disagreements and divorced 3 years ago, after being married for 32 years.....which was odd......but they are civil now and mom has her own house, but yes it would sorta bother my mom...i now live with my girlfriend, and go to dads every weekend to work on my car. :)

I like the way you ran the spark plug wires... looks real neat.

How far is the fan clutch from the radiator? Looks awfully close by the picture.

Looks good!

oh yea, mad dart, the air cleaner doesnt clear the hood...lol

Yeah those are tough to get clear of the hood.

You might be able to find a drop base to help, but that air cleaner is an odd size.

Looks real nice and clean, Did you paint the engine bay?? What color is that?? The 67 is going that color!

Where did you get the retainers that are on the heater hoses? I have always absolutley hated the way they are factory mounted along the fender well. I though it always looked really messy and I have always tried to think of a way to make it look better and still have a heater. The way you have it set up is probably about the best I think I have seen it.

Thanks
Jeff

well dang, finally got it installed last week...still got a few things to do...

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2515-1.jpg

IMG_2516-1.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

Where did you get the retainers that are on the heater hoses? I have always absolutley hated the way they are factory mounted along the fender well. I though it always looked really messy and I have always tried to think of a way to make it look better and still have a heater. The way you have it set up is probably about the best I think I have seen it.

Thanks
Jeff

thanks, got em at summit. earls hose separators...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-167214ERL/

Looks great! Glad to see you kept on it and didn't sell the car... Maybe we'll see you on a cruise this coming summer in it..

thanks cliff!

and thanks mopardart. i HAD or should I say TRIED a set of dougs headers, but for some odd reason, a rare case, they just didn't fit my car....something was wrong with em, unexpainable...i tried everything and every possibility...they just didnt fit....So now I have TTI's on there and they fit like a dream.....

Very nice work! I have to admit that painting the timing cover aluminum looks better than if it's block color. At least I like it better,lol.

-
Back