My 318....Is no more..... :(

-
those adjusters stick up as high as the empire state building.

Have measured for the push rod length?

There should be 1 1/2 to 2 Threads showing on the bottom at the ball area.

My Hughes 1.6 Rockers have probably 5 less threads showing on the top than what we see here.

I wonder if Hughes changed their adjusters to different ones since I bought mine? Sure looks like it.

cool, just sayin if you have too much adjuster showin it'll exagerate the lift and stress the adjuster, too lil and less..

I'm sure it's simply a case where hughes rocker bodies are thinner there and so maybe they hadn't made a adjuster set to match 'meanwhile most if not all other aluminum wide bodie pieces are the same in that area', no matter how many threads at the top in this case just as long as they are out a couple underneath.

There should be 1 1/2 to 2 Threads showing on the bottom at the ball area.

My Hughes 1.6 Rockers have probably 5 less threads showing on the top than what we see here.

I wonder if Hughes changed their adjusters to different ones since I bought mine? Sure looks like it.

Louis, you have a valid point...The same machinist did my 408 and there is about 5 less threads like you mentioned...I recently got these ones from Hughes and the adjusters may very well be a little different...

Looks good. I just ordered my RHS heads. What HP do you think you will get from this 318?

Thanks man...I'm probably gonna have 325 HP at the most... I'm not expecting much really, so I'd be happy with that...I mostly just want the dammed thing to run...LOL

cool, just sayin if you have too much adjuster showin it'll exagerate the lift and stress the adjuster, too lil and less..

I'm sure it's simply a case where hughes rocker bodies are thinner there and so maybe they hadn't made a adjuster set to match 'meanwhile most if not all other aluminum wide bodie pieces are the same in that area', no matter how many threads at the top in this case just as long as they are out a couple underneath.

Hey Wild, there is about 1 1/2 threads underneath...

The only question I have is how are you going to get the motor out the door of the house? My luck I would have to tear the door jamb out. LOL

Looks good man!

what all is done to the engine again?

I tried looking back through the thread but at 13 pages long it got confusing LOL.

I think I recall it being .030 over? intake, carb ,headers, cam ,heads ,valve train.

just based off that I am thinking that your HP estimate might a slight understatement .....maybe 350-375? would be cool any how.

should scoot that cuda around pretty dang good though regardless! :cheers:

The only question I have is how are you going to get the motor out the door of the house? My luck I would have to tear the door jamb out. LOL

Looks good man!

This stand is slightly smaller than the one on my 408 thats in my room, so it fits through the front door. The one in my room I have to take my door off. LOL

what all is done to the engine again?

I tried looking back through the thread but at 13 pages long it got confusing LOL.

I think I recall it being .030 over? intake, carb ,headers, cam ,heads ,valve train.

just based off that I am thinking that your HP estimate might a slight understatement .....maybe 350-375? would be cool any how.

should scoot that cuda around pretty dang good though regardless! :cheers:

Just a summary, it's a stock bottom end 318, that was bored .060" over, so I guess that makes it a 328ci??

Edelbrock Performer RPM cam and lifters: 488/510 lift, 234/244 duration @ .050".

RHS heads complete by Brian, 62 cc chamber, 202/160 valves, beehive springs... Performer RPM Manifold, Holley spreadbore 650 carb,

Hughes 1.5 Roller Rockers, comp cams pushrods. I added a windage tray, and a viscous fan from Mopar performance...

Compression is a touch under 9to1...so thats the biggest thing holdin me back...

Well just an update, this engine has been finished and is STILL sitting in my damn living room. I pass by it everyday. lol. Yes, I know its there. But this is what it looks like. I hope it runs good! LOL

Now I'm just finishing the transmission rebuild that I've started. I started a thread entitled "My Christmas transmission rebuild"

Oh yeah, I got a set of Dougs headers, and summit alternator bracket too... :)
30trpk1.jpg

ipcwp1.jpg

67jhu8.jpg

Looks good James! Will that air cleaner clear your hood? I had one like that on my 70 Dart and I had to ditch it when using an RPM Performer and go to a drop base for it to clear the hood.

Looks good James! Will that air cleaner clear your hood? I had one like that on my 70 Dart and I had to ditch it when using an RPM Performer and go to a drop base for it to clear the hood.

I have no idea if itll clear...time will tell. do they make a drop base for the MP air cleaner lid? id sure like one...

James,did you get your engine in over the season,s holidays?
not yet scott. workin on it.. :) soon...real soon...

Looking good Jimmy! I know you're chomping at the bit to get it going!!! I always wanted one of those Holley spreadbore carbs too for the street, plus they are easier to tune than a TQ!

James how about I break in that engine for you in my truck. I promise that you can have it back when you want. :snakeman:

I have no idea if itll clear...time will tell. do they make a drop base for the MP air cleaner lid? id sure like one...
not yet scott. workin on it.. :) soon...real soon...

I don't know that lid takes a 12" Air Cleaner I think. I changed the whole air cleaner out to a 14" IIRC with the drop base.

You should be able to find a cheap drop base Air Cleaner in whatever size your MP one is and just use the base. That's what I did with the K&N I have

I don't know that lid takes a 12" Air Cleaner I think. I changed the whole air cleaner out to a 14" IIRC with the drop base.

Oh okay. thought u still used the MP unit.
You should be able to find a cheap drop base Air Cleaner in whatever size your MP one is and just use the base. That's what I did with the K&N I have

Well I was looking but couldnt find one for the odball size of 12 3/4" which is the size of the MP filter/lid... I might just have to make one.....

I had the same problem, couldn't find a drop base the size of the MP set up. I am sure someone here knows where to find one!

You have the skills to make one though, I do know that!

I don't think a drop base at that diameter would work good without the top being about as high as it is now, the ramp to the choke horn would be up next to the filter and the base would also hit the fuel inlet.

just by looking at the pick.

well I still haven't found a drop base for the MP lid. I'll have to make one and see how it works. If it don't then I'll just take the hood off. Who needs one anyway?

Also, some of you guys way long time ago when this thread first started, mentioned something about my front pump of the tranny being the problem...Well, after (months later) deciding to pull my tranny apart for a rebuild and shift kit, I find the front pump is no good, and this also could have made that "mystery" noise what started this whole thing! DOH!!!! hahaha

2eofjg8.jpg

-
Back