my 65 Barracuda

-
Well, if you are retired, you will understand. People think you have nothing important to do. Not complaining, but my daughter decided I should keep my 4 month old granddaughter today while she goes for a Dr visit and have lunch with a friend. And by the way she is getting her hair done this afternoon. As she left, she asked what was for dinner. No car work today. Have interview for part time job tomorrow. Not crazy about it, but will give me a little extra to buy the remainder of the parts for my car. Have a great day all. McKinley and I are going to take a nap now.

gold! Ha! I too admit not a fan of gold. I have a 64 dart I went back with that original gold, and I don't mind it. like it sorta. a little. LOL

my 67 Bel1 was originally a tan , gold you might say with NO poly! it will be a different color for sure. just not sure what! it will be just a fun 400 with a low profile hemi scoop car. bare 2 door post car. no radiio! it has perfect tan door panels and dash pad. maybe white for it? maybe maroon poly? not sure. I have time!

sounds like me, I work bout 20 hrs a week april thy nov for car parts $$ !
keeps me out of the bars, pool rooms, and ?????

I managed a couple of mattress firm stores. I said when I left I would never do that again, but a friend owns 2 locally owned stores and asked me to work a couple of days a week. I told him no weekend and could only make so much money. He has offered me a deal that if I make more he would pay me cash. I really would love to finish my barracuda, but don't want to cut corners and that is what I was looking at doing. Replacing door panels with the crappy ones I have or searching the salvage yard. I know I will have to much money in the car when I'm finished. I didn't buy it to resale or to make money off of it. Just wanted a great looking classic car that I can enjoy.

the deal is,... as you paint the car, then it makes the trim/bumpers look bad, SOooo you gotta replace them,,, the list goes on and on till its all like new!! LOL

me, I just tell myself the paint I did is not 100% perfect, so why do I need new bumpers, trim, taillights, grill, seat covers, door panels, carpet, headliner, e xhaust, tires, fancy rims, new carb, headers, etc etc etc !!!! LOL

OK so I bought some new USED tires!!!!!!

I have purchased basically everything except the door panels for the front. The tires and weather-stripping for the doors. I have rebuilt the transmission, the front suspension, added new leaf springs and shocks, have new carpet, headliner and upholstery. Have completed the 10 inch brakes added brake lines, a fuel tank and replaced the floor pans in the front. My wife asked why I bought such an ugly car that all I do is work on and spend money. We settled that discussion with it's a guy thing. I've actually completed a lot of work on the car and when I finish, I might surprise some of you guys by taking a road trip and showing up at your home. The Formula S was made to run and that is what I plan on doing with her.

You are so correct. I have new door handles for the exterior. If I buy new bumpers the trim behind the rear window would look bad and even though I have new tail light lenses then the tail light themselves need replacing. Does it ever end. I must have replaced all of the cheap stuff first and now everything is more expensive, or is it I retired and don't have the income that I once had.

Min is a 65. Nothing wrong with the gold poly, I'm just not a fan. If the ivory doesn't turn out like I hope, I can always repaint. It's not that expensive and I can always use the experience..

Not a good picture, I did spray the 2-k primer, and then I had a problem with gout shows up and makes it very difficult to walk and do anything much. I guess this normally takes about a week to go away, so although it is a beautiful sunshiny spring day, I'm sitting in the den polishing some trim pieces. Good day to all and for those who don't know, getting old sucks.

Attachments

• WP_20160312_11_11_20_Pro.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 122
ya gotta be darn tough to get old. it ain't for the weak! LOL

I always figure if I wake up on the right side of the grass, there is always "later".

Not a good picture, I did spray the 2-k primer, and then I had a problem with gout shows up and makes it very difficult to walk and do anything much. I guess this normally takes about a week to go away, so although it is a beautiful sunshiny spring day, I'm sitting in the den polishing some trim pieces. Good day to all and for those who don't know, getting old sucks.

My friend used to eat a can of cherries when the gout hit him. Cleared it up pretty quick. :D

Cherries are my go to treatment. Still takes a few days though. Hopefully over by the first of the week so I can get back to work on my car

Get healthy & keep on with the build updates. I e got a '64 Barracuda that I'm working on.

Whoever said when you retire, you don't have time to get anything done. I never could understand that. But, Boy do I ever now. I'm taking a part time job just to get a break from running errands and babysitting my granddaughter. Not that I don't enjoy that but I still need to get paint on my Barracuda!Everyone here thinks I have nothing but time.

Tell them, Tommy! That this is how it's going to be, I worked hard so I could enjoy my retirement, I'm going to be spending a lot of time finishing my car now, if you want me to babysit and run errands I can do that a couple days a week and let's figure out which days.

I'm going to work Monday and Tuesday, and not tell anyone what days I will be free. Think I need an off site garage so they can't see me.

-
Back