My 67 Formula S Resto. thread

-
What a great starting point.It,s very hard to find the...Right one...to take on a project of this size.Good choice,will be watching.

I also drilled out the spot welds on the inner fender to cowl brackets.This away I could flush out the mouse nest and the leaves..

Attachments

• Formula S #2 015.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,366
  • cowl and post 002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,311
  • cowl and post 001.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,353
  • Formula S #2 021.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,358
  • Formula S #2 020.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,302
  • Formula S #2 017.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,359
What is a good weld through primer?And a good sealer to use after welding to panels together?
Thanks,Jim

Wow looks like you got a lot done I will be watching this closely as I will be going thru this process soon on my 68. Post up lots of pics

Bob

Went to Columbus OH Mopar show Sat.Picked up a wheel house and trunk extensions.My trunk is in pretty good shape but there is some pitting,pins holes,and some damage near the drivers wheel house.So I think I am just going to replace the whole trunk floor and be done with it.I have 5 days off nex weekend so I hope to get alot done.
I got the wheel house in place today with a few screws and vise grips.

Jim

I am not to that point yet be can someone tell me how they modified their Duster trunk extensions to fit on their 67-69 Barracuda?Anyone have pics on how this is done?I am sure I can figure it out.But alittle advice or pics would help me out.I have the AMD Duster trunk extensions.

Thanks,Jim

Ok I decided to take out the trunk pan and replace it as well.I only got to work on the car 3 of my 5 days off.I peeled off the old metal that was still on the drivers quarter panel.The lower quarter was full of dirt that caused some pin holes and pitting.So I cut off the lower 5 inches of the quarter behind the wheel, and I am going to replace that as well.I then cut out most of the trunk pan, what a pain in the butt.Now I am thinking of removing the passenger quarter so I can paint the backside of it and behind it.I bought my welder this week next week I am getting a sandblaster.

Jim

Here's your pics.....:thumbup:

Attachments

• Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 009 (Small).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 008 (Small).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,273
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 007 (Small).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 006 (Small).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 005 (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,288
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 004 (Small).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 003 (Small).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 002 (Small).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Jim's Formula_S_ (Small).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,258
A few more.....Lookin' like a great resto!! Subscribed :)

Attachments

• Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 0012 (Small).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 0011 (Small).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,260
  • Jim's Formula_S_.jpg 0010 (Small).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,217
Looks good, I'd say you had a better foundation to start with than my 68. I got my: trunk extensions, quarters, rockers, and inner fender panels from www.autobodyspecialt.com
might try www.stevesparts.com he helped me out with a rear window regulator. if you can find a parts interchange manual (amazon) you'll be in good shape

The door jamb is gone it had other damage.What do you Guys think about me moving the springs in and mini tubbing it?I like the looks of 295X15 tires under these things.It is a Formula S 4 speed car with the buildsheet and fender tag.But the original engine was no good.And I think I am going to paint it black and use the new red metallic interior that came with the car.
Jim

I finally got all of the trunk pan out.The worst was the brackets that go from the trunk pan to the valance panel...what a pain.The passenger quarter has no rust holes behind the wheel,but some pitting.I am not sure what to do with the pitted metal at this point.Cut it out and replace it or prime and paint the hell out of it.

Attachments

• formula S #6 002.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,145
  • formula S #6 009.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,154
  • formula S #6 008.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,138
  • formula S #6 007.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,168
  • formula S #6 006.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,147
  • formula S #6 005.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,135
  • formula S #6 004.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,194
  • formula S #6 003.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,158
The rear valance is solid but has some minor damage so I am going to replace it as well.

Attachments

• formula S #6 010.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,168
  • formula S #6 011.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,148
  • formula S #6 012.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,153
Subscribed!
I loved that car even though all I ever did was safe keep it for a couple of years… I am thrilled to see it getting the work it deserves.

Very nice…. Keep the pictures coming!

I am buying primer this Friday.What do you Guys recommend for primer?I am taking the car down to bare metal and I hope to have the whole car in primer by winter.
I bought my sandblaster last weekend.Waiting for my new valance panel and trunk floor to come in.I may be getting a parts car this weekend.If so then I will have my door jamb post.

Jim

I bought 2 gallons of primer,a little sand paper,filler,and a few sanding blocks and spent $980.00 WOW......But I wanted good primer so what are you going to do.I have 3-4 weeks off work in July so I am hoping to get alot done.

Hi I was curious what ever happened with the trunk extensions. Did you modify the ones from the duster? Great thread Luv how you just dove in!

Looks great, love how you are digging right into it. Maybe post questions you have in a new thread when you have them?? They may get answered quicker, Just a thought

I have not got much done the last two weeks.I removed the rear valance last weekend.And this weekend I built a shelf to get to boxed Formula parts off the floor.I have July 1-10 off work and I am going to the Good Guys show in IA the 1st and 2nd going to hit it hard the 3rd-10th.

Jim

Attachments

• valance 008.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,016
  • valance 009.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,045
-
Back