my 68 barracuda notch

-
Wade,
I will give you a call when I get home in a couple weeks and maybe we can get together.I will surely have some pieces you can use.Also have a few contacts in the area.You should post some pics of your fastback when you get a chance.We love pics!!!! Sounds like a very special car you have!!
Doug

Congrats on the build Doug! You and your buddies did an amazing job! Im not surprised your fish was able to pull in an award! Spectacular!

Well I finally got to get the fish out on the road.I have put 700 trouble free miles on it the last few days.I sure do like the power generated by the stroker.The only thing I don't like is the 3:23 rear gear.It is beautiful on the hiway but kind of a dog off the line.
Found a little spot to take some photos.
Looks like we are going to have the hottest day of the year today so another tank of gas will get burned I think.

Attachments

• IMG_4135.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4137.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4143.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4145.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4146.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4148.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 244
That is a beautiful car..... Nice work!

Can you tell me about your water pump? In one picture it looks aluminum with the botom hose on the passsenger side like a 70 up but I noticed your radiator was a drivers side bottom hose in another picture. Then the install pictures show the hose on the drivers side. What Water Pump did you end up using?

Thanks,

When I first got the motor together I had an Edelbrock aluminum water pump.I ended up changing it out to a stock replacement one from NAPA to match the drivers side outlet on the Champion Radiator.I had forgot to order the rad with the outlet on the passenger side to match the edelbrock pump.The stock relacement one seems to work good.The car runs nice and cool.I believe when I ordered the pump there was 2 options and I ordered the higher volume one.

The champion rad seems pretty good.welds look pretty good and the car runs cool

Looks great and runs great too, couldnt get any better! I was in your neck of the woods last week(Cowtown). I will pm you next time im heading your way.

Cheers
Steve

you were only 50 miles away ya should have called.Coulda done some cuda cruising.Definately get in touch next time.

I just read your whole build thread, and was very impressed by the car.
Good stuff, and it was great meeting you.
(I know it was a couple of years ago).
This needs to be bumped to the top so more people can see it!
Love the colour, i've always been a fan of dark green, so that was a cinch......
Tom.

I was on the list for a Passon 5 spd but got impatient waiting for who knows how long to get one.I decided to do the Tremec t5 swap.The job was beyond my abilities so I took it to Classic Performance in Calgary to have it done.They did a nice job on the conversion.We have had an unbelievably warm winter so I was able to get it out for a few short trips before xmas.WOW what a different car it is now.With the previous setup at 70mph it was at 3100rpm.Now at 70mph it is at 1900rpm.Should be much easier on fuel now!!
It will burn the tires through the first 2 gears and shifts really smooth.Here are a few pics of the swap.Also had a serpentine belt/pulley system installed.

Attachments

• IMG_7692.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_7725.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7677.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_7686.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN3195.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN3180.jpg