my 68 Dart resto project

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I had the doors, trunk, fire wall, side lights, fuel filler, and the rear dutch panel shaved......Now it's ready for my 3rd gen hemi... dammm it took a long time....

You could not have found a better car to do this nice motor up grade in.
There is a song with the words Third Generation yea yea!!:rock:

Great reflections of a 68 Dart MOPAR HEMI USCG.
Looking Gooood!!:thumbrig:

thx man.. I hope it's turns out as nice as some of these guys cars on this site...

Jason

Looks great Jason! Did you have to replace any sheetmetal?

thx man.. I hope it's turns out as nice as some of these guys cars on this site...

Jason

I am sure it will,:rock: But you are right :thumbrig: there sure is some very nice A bodies here
even with great owners. :salute:

of jasons door panels.waiting for approval before paint

jasons door panels 002.jpg

jasons door panels 001.jpg

but the weather is not cooperating,with wind blowing like crazy.I was able to spray the black on,and decided to spray a coat of clear on,until i can get back in the paint room,were the dust is more controlable.I also started on the arm rests.I put some fiberglass resin on.Im sure its gonna take multiple coats to get them ready for putty,primer,and paint.

I got off work early today,decided to try to finish these up,so i sanded the panels down,took 3 hours laying out the graphics,and started paint the red before i went to get the kids from school.All looked awsome when i left.But once i returned,the paint was all busted up like somebody poured paint stripper all over were i sprayed the red.Evedently,the black basecoat,wasnt black base coat.I took it to the paint store,the remainder of it,and after they smelled it,looked at it,talked about it,they decided somebody accidently mixed black vinyl dye and put it in the wrong can!So evedently,so other poor sucker is spraying black basecoat on his interior stuff!:angry7: What dumbasses!Any way,the gave me some black basecoat,but there not gonna give me the red thats screwed up,or help me out with all the tape,and labor that i put into these!Oh well,i guess thats my rant for today,ill just start all over with them tomarrow,maybe.Thats another reason i like these panels,i can just flip them over to the new side,and have a clean slate to work on,lol.Here some pics of what i did before i left to get the girls this afternoon.

001.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

002.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

-
Back