MY 73 journey

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
so here it is my 73 duster that i got for 1900 no surface rust just needs paint and dents pulled. The seats broken and i fixed the level sender. also the engine isnt green anymore its chrysler orange.
i like it and i have many plans so if you guys have any questions let me know also it now has hood pins and a flat black hood and a nice scoop

wheel.jpg

side.jpg

motor.jpg

front.jpg

car.jpg

Maybe add a stripe to the sides? Looks cool as-is already though. I look forward to seeing more!

Nice DusterBoy15. Of course I may be a little partial to '73 Dusters LOL. Keep us posted on your progress.

I had a '73 with a fold down rear seat along with a moon roof and a 3 spd manual on the floor between buckets. I miss that 318 car. The sure grip equiped rear was very cool.

Nice ride there. Keep us posted............. more pictures :wav:
You got a Great starting point.
Your on a journey you won't forget.

OG

ok so i need some more pics of what i did to the car
but i have been buying things like crazy if its lower then what jegs or summit has it for i got it so far this is my list of new parts:

2 flowmaster 2 chamber
2 chrome duster tips
1 eldbrock rpm performer air gap intake
1 timing gear set Noisy i know i know
1 8 1/4 sure grip
and summit headers the flow tech ones

i am also talkign to my friend because he is selling his 340 motor so thats a big possibility if theres nothing wrong with it or the heads but will have pics asap

o ya and the fuel level send is still acting up i put a fuel tank of gas and its marking 1/4 before full so the line before full E\ \ 1/2 /this one /F

Im here in California too. My 73 started out slightly rougher than that about a year and a half ago. If you saw it now, you wouldn't be able to tell it was the same ride. I did it on a tight budget as well. Good luck, dude:toothy10:

i think im going ro change the color but i dont know what color maybe a darker yellow, mopar orange, plum crazy purple or like a mint green

just got a new pic
and yes its the bolt on scoop becasue i dident feel like glassing the hood right now but i like it anyways

file.jpg

My 73 dart is the same color. I added the dual snorkel scoop in black.

Nice looking car.

thanks it makes me feel good when i go out for drives and i get complements
i just need some more power

Nice looking ride DusterBoy15........I've also got a 73 Duster that is now a 340 Clone ..... My body man started the body work today and WOW what a lot of bondo there was in there. I'm hoping to have it back on the road soon....
I've got some pictures of my car posted here:

http://armentroutsurveying.com/1973Duster
with the latest restoration pictures at:

http://armentroutsurveying.com/1973Duster/Restoration

I changed the interior of mine from the tan/yellow to black....a lot of work but I think it was worth it.

Keep up the work and enjoy it often.
Keep all of us posted on it's progress.

Greg

ya i was thinking bout going to the black interior but to much money and i rather spend it on the motor so im just going to paint the car a color that goes with the interior

so the 360 is now at my house waiting to be torn down and rebuilt with new gaskets it has some m/t valve covers i might also sell and a weaind dual plane intake so its comming along

If you fill around the scoop to mold it in it will crack quickly. Best bet is to just save up for a hood with a scoop on it.

ok so i have a up date on the project:
Car will be painted before years over with either grabber orange.
ALSO I HAVE PURCHASED 4 ANSEN SLOT WHEELS AND WILL BE SELLING 2 SO THAT I CAN BUY 2 15X8 REAR ANSENS
and here is what i have planned:

Tranny rebuild:60
shift kit:25-50
tranny cooler:20-50
Ring and pinion: 200

engine machine work: around 750

kb pistons and rings:230

valve springs: 50
push rods: 60-80

then of course tranny fluid,engine oil, raidator fluid, gasket kit, head gaskets

FUTURE: head work:550
msd distrib
msd 6a or 6al box
proform roller rockers

should have the car running by christmas or january

duster%20copy.jpg

Yep, but the hi-po versions are penny's more and ok for daily useage.

Best bet, get the MP part for the water pump, a Carter street/strip fuel pump is excellent and a regular oil pump is fine for most builds.

-
Back