MY 73 journey

-
Any job is a good one. I've been married as slightly longer than you are old. The one thing I alllways see is a job nobody is willing to do. Can you do that job for now?

I have;

2 paper routes at the same time. Morning and afternoon addition papers
Put up aluminum & vinyl siding
installed window
pumped gas
sold shoes
stock shelfs
sold watchs
deli work
land scaped (Hated that one!!!!!!)
installed decks
roofing, gutters
framed house's
restored apartment buildings
drywall
"Stock Boy" work. (Thats do what ever the heck they tell you to do.)
I got a rep. from the old hood. Allways working on my car. Helped out a freinds Mom. She told a freind, who told 2 freinds and so on and so on..
Car repairs, minor, out of my own home. Brakes, suspension, tire change outs, ignitions, batterys. Other trouble shooting issues.
Some heavy automotive work. Engine, rear, tranny swaps, upgrades and street performance applications.
Freinds of mine with there race cars would drop by for a second hand help in the above.

Soon enuff, I had a biz going on at my garage doing work for the area at reasonable prices. This turned into more money than my regular job.

ya my dads friend always brings his car when he doesnt wanna pay 200 bucks so he pays me 50 ;/ o well still money im trying to get a job right now

but im trying to sell my brothers G I joe stuff some rare things

You go on out there and pound the streets for something to put bucks in the pocket. Wash dish's, sweep floors. Whats the difference? The difference is one day you'll probably find a job you will love and be thankful for haveing crap jobs that payed for your ride to get you away from the crap job.
LOLROFLMAO. Ya, been there done that. Glad I'm no longer there.

Get a job at a local auto parts store and use there discount to help with the purchase of parts. Thats a win win deal in my eyes. Whatcha think?

thats true i might do that or im trying to get a job with verizion wireles were they pay like 12-14 dollars an hour

Excellent start. I think any money is good money, but more the merry.
At 18, you should for surley be looking at a job that can be a career job.
Or in collage.

so i just got the motor apart just need the machine shop to take the cam bearings out and then they can wash,check,bore and balance it then its alll up hill from there HOPEFULY

ok so this is the motor DATA SHEET:
msd ignition
kb pistons 0 deck
xe274 cam
doug herbert springs
summit push rods
stock or 273 rockers
some head work
headers
eldy air gap intake
750 vac sec holley carb
2.5 exhaust 2 chamber flows to duster tips
3000 stall converter
3.91 gears
27in tire
BF good tires
SURE GRIP
VAC canister
GEAR DRIVE timing set
hoping for mid 12s with head work and high 12s low 13s with out

and maybe ill get the bowls ported but we will see what happens GOT SCHOOL

Before you replace the sending unit, try cleaning the ground strap between the fuel outlet nipple and the fuel hard line. Sometimes it gets dirty and causes bad readings.

u cant paint it orange im paintin mine orange u get dat intake off yetr my mom is trippin tho she rather me buy a brand new wat but letmme kno wen u take it out hahha you know who this is 2

-Stephon

u cant paint it orange im paintin mine orange u get dat intake off yetr my mom is trippin tho she rather me buy a brand new wat but letmme kno wen u take it out hahha you know who this is 2

-Stephon

haha ya i know who it is
naw i havent got it off yet... why is she trippin? jsut tell her you saving the money for right now. becasue i need a manifold to put on while i give you mine since your going to wait to put your stuff on

ok so for ring gap is this correct

bore 4.040 or 4.030 x .065= .02626 so would my top ring gap be .026?

this is DVJCUDAS car setup and this is what i wan maybe better with better gearing

ET 12.80

Engine CID 360
Head Type stock 78 heads
Valve size 1.88, 1.60
Head Work None
Cam Manufacturer comp cam
Cam specs at 50 xe274 480 lift
Carb type and size holley 750 vac sec
PV Rating 6.5
Jet sizes 51
Plug number and brand Autolite
Intake Manifold edelbrock rpm air gap
Piston Make Keith Black Hyperuetectic #107
Compression Ratio 9.8:1

Trans type 904
Trans Mods B&M Transpack
Convertor type Mopar Performance
Convertor stall 2800-3000

Drive shaft stock

Initial timing 18
Total timing 36
Total advance at what RPM 2200 - 2400

Rear end type 8 1/4 Suregrip 3.90-4.10 gears with 26-28 in tire

picked up some kb 107 pistons only 7 though need 1 more and rings for 144shipped thats like 60 dollars cheaper well 30 becasue i need to buy one more

So I Have Enough Money Now To Do Almost Everything I Want Besides Get The Heads Done I Need Like 300 Dollars More But I Will Have Enough By January Since I Got A Mini Side Weekend Job

So Theres Progress

-
Back