My 74 Swinger

-

74Dart318

Reaction score
This is my 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. Mostly original on the outside. Recovered seats and some carpet for the interior and some engine and tranny work. My dad and I also rebuilt the front suspension a couple months back. A work in progress. She barely ran when I "inherited" her from my sister. I will post some more recent pics these are about a year old.

dart3.JPG

oldcarb.JPG

intake.JPG

carb.JPG

new intake.JPG

dart2.JPG

i have run the edlebrock carbs they are ok but a 340 thermaquad is the ultimate in spread bore preformance my opinon only.....major preformance impruvement.......i love them.....

Ya I have heard good things about the thermoquads. I wouldnt mind going that way eventually.

Thank you. I like you dart too. Whats the quarter time for it?

That engine bay looks almost identical to my sons when we found her. I notice dual exhaust pipes. What kind of exhaust system are you running?

That engine bay looks almost identical to my sons when we found her. I notice dual exhaust pipes. What kind of exhaust system are you running?
In this picture it had the old dual exhaust on it with the stock exhaust manifolds. The entire exhaust has been redone since. The tips and placement of the tips are almost identical. Now it she has hooker headers and dual 2 1/2" pipes with an h-pipe and flowmaster exhaust. Sounds pretty good. I like your dart as well. nice find

So we put the booster on this morning and it made a big difference :) But there has been this vibration sound at the wheel that we thought sounded like a wheel bearing. But when we rebuilt the front suspension we thought there was a wheel bearing problem so we asked the alignment shop to check them for us when we got the alignment done right after the suspension was rebuilt. They said they checked the bearings and everything was fine so that is why I was hesitant to take it in for the bearing. But we gave in and took it back today, the guy calls us and sure enough, the damn wheel bearings are bad. I am a little upset about this. We will see what happens.
Also I will be posting pics of the booster and the KYB shocks we put on a couple weeks ago.

My son and I will be eventually doing a front suspension rebuild. What components did you replace and who manufactured the parts? Do you have any pictures of that rebuild?

My son and I will be eventually doing a front suspension rebuild. What components did you replace and who manufactured the parts? Do you have any pictures of that rebuild?

We replaced pretty much everything except the upper and lower control arms and the torsion bars. We had the upper and lower control arms cleaned and we painted them as well as the torsion bars. We put all new upper and lower ball joints and all new bushings. Clean and painted the steering linkage and left the pitman arm. Does make a big difference. I think I should have some pics somewhere. I will look and see.

We also put new spindles on the front. Here are some pics of the front passenger side shock on the car

dart 011.jpg

dart 010.jpg

So My car was running funny after putting in the new booster. We took it to the shop and they said ti needed hotter plugs so they put them in and then they re adjusted the carb and timing. Now it is making a funny sound when warmed up and at low rpms while driving. My dad said he thinks it is pinging. Could this be a possibility? If so, can I just adjust the timing to make this stop?

Well I have not been on here for awhile. I have been busy with vacations and work and finding a place to live. But I did get my FABO stickers put on my car :) Other new stuff is that I will be moving to Tucson soon and attending the U of A. So I will be dirt broke and I will not be driving much. But I will keep my car so when I get out of college I can put money into it. But, for now I will not be able to do much to it :( Gotta love being a student

stickers.jpg

Well I have not been on here for awhile. I have been busy with vacations and work and finding a place to live. But I did get my FABO stickers put on my car :) Other new stuff is that I will be moving to Tucson soon and attending the U of A. So I will be dirt broke and I will not be driving much. But I will keep my car so when I get out of college I can put money into it. But, for now I will not be able to do much to it :( Gotta love being a student
Well you can look at it this way,when your done college you,ll have an education(and hopefully a good job)also a cool car to be cruiseing in!Stick to your plans!Do you have a dry spot to park your car while at school?

Ya that is the plan. Get through school with as little debt as possible and keep my car. Then we I get my debt paid off I will start fixing my baby up the way I want. Hopefully the economy does not go completely south

-
Back