My Blueprint crate engine story - May 2018

-
I'm personally happy to see there's a legit Mopar crate engine company making cost-effective engines, for once. 10 years ago there was basically nothing, and IIRC the very first Blueprint Mopar engines had some issues but are obviously no longer there. And that warranty, 30 months/50k miles is fantastic, I barely got my home-built 360 to 25k miles before it broke a ring land (that was due to improper cam selection with the 10.5:1 compression). Granted that was the first engine I ever built but, dang a warranty on a ~500 horse SBM is something special.

Also, it's not like people are going to stop building their own engines ESPECIALLY Mopar fans just because one company makes good crate engines now. Heck I think it might help stimulate the hobby a bit, I'm sure there are more than a few classic Mopar owners who can't drive their car because it needs a new engine and they don't feel comfortable building one themselves. It's a scary feeling sinking 2, 3, 4, $5000 into an engine build when it could blow up the first time it's started and basically all that money is gone for good. Obviously if you've built a few engines successfully that fear isn't as strong but everyone has to start somewhere, and like a lot of things in life the first time you build an engine can be quite intimidating...

-
Back