My car needs a diet...

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
What can i do to lighten up my car for cheap? I allready have a fiberglass lift off hood, manual steering box, aluminum intake and im going to get some Bogart wheels... I dont want a fiberglass deck lid or fenders... But i would get fiberglass bumpers and have them chromed but its too much $$$.

Thanks

Remove your insulation, carpet, heater, back seat, replace side windows with
plexiglass / Lexan.

Biggest weight savers are the fenders - doors - trunk, but as you said you did not want to changs those.

HOTROD mag. did a duster a few years back showing weight savings/cost and front to rear bias along with ET's. :salut:

remove fender braces, outer bumper supports frt & rear, window regulators, things you can't see.

Thanks AdamR, that was the one I remembered, I've been searching for 1 1/2 hours looking for the article. :salut:

Had it saved on my computer..

Sublime, things I have done to lighten my car are, Scrape all under coating and seam sealer, tossed the heater box and radio and back seat, removed fire wall insulation, carpet jute padding, cut out un used wires (from the heater and radio) light rims (sell your 17s and buy some 15" street/strip rims) glass hood, bumpers and deck lid.

-
Back