My custom dash

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
well this is my first welding project. i cut the entire face out of the dash frame and fabbed a new flat panel into it. completely welded it in. then i made a carbon fiber panel that inlays. i still have to mount my light switches and indicator lights but its pretty much done. let me know what you guys think.
102_0136.jpg

102_0135.jpg

[ame=http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/?action=view&current=dashvideo.mp4]
th_dashvideo.jpg
[/ame]

dash5.jpg

oh and almost forgot. made a custom shift arm for my B&M quick silver shifter and then did the console top in the carbon to match.

DSCI0052-1.jpg

Thats Cool! I am going to be doing something similar to that, but only up to the end of the raido and heater controls. How much would it cost to make another face like that? But without the carbon fiber, i like the aluminum race look!

Thats Cool! I am going to be doing something similar to that, but only up to the end of the raido and heater controls. How much would it cost to make another face like that? But without the carbon fiber, i like the aluminum race look!

the carbon can come out easily. it is sheet metal behind it. you could use anything for the face that you wanted.

i only have roughly 100 bucks in materials in the dash. cost me 50 to have it powder coated after the fact. it was actually really easy.

Im just away for college and like that way yours look. How much was the material for just the face where the gauges went on to? All i would want is another piece cut exactly like that and I would cut the gauge holes

Im just away for college and like that way yours look. How much was the material for just the face where the gauges went on to? All i would want is another piece cut exactly like that and I would cut the gauge holes

that all depends. i went to the local steel shop and bought a chunk of 16 ga. sheet metal and bent it all up and created the corners too. the steel cost me 35 bucks. i have access to a sheet metal break so that helps. i made a complete template out of poster board first then just transfered it over to steel

It's a "brake," not a break, just for info

THAT is COOL!! I like it a lot. If I was to do mine, I'd want to find a second dash frame so I don't have to cut up the original.

It's a "brake," not a break, just for info

THAT is COOL!! I like it a lot. If I was to do mine, I'd want to find a second dash frame so I don't have to cut up the original.

i agree as the 67 is one year only but im a cheap S.O.B and i worked with what i had. this car was an original gt car with the 273 when i bought it but it was pretty hammered. so i decided to build it how i wanted. i know its not some peoples "cup of tea" but it is what i have always wanted.

It doesn't matter if others like your car, all that matters is that you enjoy it. Nice work.

(but if your enjoyment requires a small block chevy in a mopar your opinion no longer matters:D)

It doesn't matter if others like your car, all that matters is that you enjoy it. Nice work.

(but if your enjoyment requires a small block chevy in a mopar your opinion no longer matters:D)

not to worry. she is a pure breed. 383 with eddy heads. no cross breading here.

Memike like!!! Wow you did an outstanding job on matching up everything :cheers:
I agree :thumblef: build it your way, I am :cheers:

Looks really good. Nice job and kudos to you, for having the stones to, and then doing it your way!

Looks really good. Nice job and kudos to you, for having the stones to, and then doing it your way!

stones or stupidity.... hard to tell sometimes. most all of my projects start with a day dream. my factory gauge cluster was shot. nothing worked and it had been chewed up by a dog. i figured it would cost less to do the custom dash than to replace all the factory stuff. im just glad i got this done and it turned out half *** decent. im not a pro by any means.just an everyday guy with cheap hand tools and a little ambition. I really appreciate all the positive feedback. i dont know about you guys but posting my progress and getting feedback keeps me motivated. gets me pumped to do the next thing.

Thats what FABO is all about, you can get peoples opinions and take them for what they are worth ,but in the end its your car and if you like it ,thats all that matters, I personally like your dash.

Bob

-
Back