My Dad would shoot me and I don't even have a boat!!

-
..................So, last night my neigbor GAVE ME another MOTOR!!!

Eska 1747D, which appears to be a 7hp, it's an AIR cooled Tecumseh (I think, not Clinton) 2-stroke. It was stuck and the plug had been removed. Squirted some blaster in there over supper, went back out TWENTY FIVE DEGREES F and dumped it all out, GENTLY tapped on the piston with a large drift through the plug hole. MOVED!!!! Pulled on the recoil and it's LOOSE!!! oiled up the cylinder and pulled it over. Does not seem to have spark. LMAO!!!!

Not mine, like this:

The odd thing is that it's AIR COOLED yet has a water pump, which mixes with exhaust to cool it. That sounds fairly stupid. Maybe it's to partially muffle it

These seem to have a very varied history, and manufactured for re-branded stuff like Sears, "Ted Williams" I don't know what all

Hey Del, So now you can enjoy your wetlands in the spring. It'll probably be just like cruising on the Mississippi.... LOL

Hey Del, So now you can enjoy your wetlands in the spring. It'll probably be just like cruising on the Mississippi.... LOL

I'll have to "just add water" from the lake to make them wet enough!! LOL

Estate on the left, lake Pend O'Reille on the right

lake.jpg

Well the carnage continues, LOL. Found an advertised as a "Johnson 6hp" and the guy later tells me it's an Evinrude for 75 bucks. He lived out of town and delivered it close, I only had to drive to the store about 32 miles. "Seemed a little heavy" LMAO

TURNED OUT TO BE a 63 Evinrude 10 hp!!!

Has good compression, dirty, and shroud has some scarring but decent overall shape. Has decent compression, coils are both ruptured just like the 5 hp. Looks like one of these....

(photo stolen off the www)

The Petrolist: 1963 Evinrude Sportwin 10 hp

blogger-image-775444867.jpg

Thought I posted this. Saturday dragged home an OMC/ Sea King 62 ish 15 hp for the pricey sum of 45 bucks. Like the rest "it needs coils" Just ordered my 6th ignition coil (two to a motor) off egag. And, ordered some bulk spark plug wire from O'Really's And tonight (it's 7:30, 34F) just got in from "building" a test tank out of a venerable 55 gal drum. That's the Sea King 15, all stripped down, waiting for coils to come in. I did get a pop or two out of it on starting fluid

testtank.JPG

00B0B_eORXAidpGI3_1200x900.jpg

Sorry, no photos or vid, but got Dad's 37 4.2 hp (LT-37) fired up in the barrel a few minutes late tonight, and earlier, got the "new" 63 Evinrude 10 to run

Dad's needs carb work even tho it was stored "dry" and not sure what the lower unit is doing. Does not seem to be taking on water, but leaking a little gear oil

The 63 10 might be leaking water into the gear case. There was some in it, I was hoping (as little as it was) that a change of oil every season might "do" it. Looks like "not." And, the carb is dirty, no surprise. I put the new coils I bought on it, and am waiting for FOUR MORE NEW COILS!!!! LOL

The 5 hp sea king I took the powerhead off in order to remove the shroud, because the carb I bought is slightly different and wont fit the shroud. This turned out to be a wise move because I found out the spring loaded lower crank seal had the spring IN THE BOTTOM OF the lower unit!!! Someone dropped it. So waiting for a gasket between powerhead and lower unit

Christ I have junk apart all over the place

-
Back