MY DAILY B4 AND AFTER JOURNAL! /w daily updates and pics!

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
HI IM STARTING MY DAILY BEFORE AND AFTER JOURNAL ON MY PROJECT MY BABY 1963 PLYMOUTH VALIANT STATION WAGON /W A 318 AN AUTO A904 TRANNY. IM GOING TO POST ALMOST DAILY ABOUT NEW THINGS IVE DONE TO MY CAR AND WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK AND ADVICE ON THINGS IM GOING TO DO.SO PLZ TAKE A LOOK AND HELP ME WITH THINGS AND FEEDBACK ON WHAT THINK ANY CRITIISIM IS CONSTRUCTIVE.

THANK YOU AND HAVE FUN WITH UR PROJECTS.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE POSTS LIKE THESE AND SEE OTHER PPLS.

so today im going to do the finalisation to the tailgate and buy my new toys(payday!)gettin me a welder and i can wld those parts on the tailgate i had coverd.thanks give mne any input ive used my dads welder to patch the floor pans b4 but nvr anything like this

cover the glass anwhere near where you are welding,the spatter will travel and stick into the glass,or you could end up whith a whole bunch of little itty bitty windows
so today im going to do the finalisation to the tailgate and buy my new toys(payday!)gettin me a welder and i can wld those parts on the tailgate i had coverd.thanks give mne any input ive used my dads welder to patch the floor pans b4 but nvr anything like this

thanks for that yea heres a lil list of what i picked up today

4in grinder
another sander(2 at once)
welder
heat gun(awesome works excellent
rotary tool set
torqe wrench
pry bar
spring loaded center punch(whole reason i went there) lol

anyways here are uypdates on what i did today.i mostly worked to get the tailgate finished on the inside it looks great.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn168/kissarmy1988/parts/before and after updates/

Sweet, great work on the tailgate.
Looks as brand new. :thumbup:

thanks alot today i was trying to get the fricken tailgate windowcrank off idk how the hell to do it i got the nuts off now the crank is stuck on.but i did get some more stuff done like the rear door ill have pics tomarrow i foprgot my camera tho.thanks for the ecouragement they'll be more pics of my work

well I Forgot To Take Pics Again But I Will On Wednesday. I Got The Fricken Tailgate Window Crank Off Put The New One On Used My Grinder On The Spot Where It Goes And Painted It Looks Great.i Finished The Front And Rear DOORS On The Drivers Side Look Great.and Had To Do Minor Work On The Window Regulator Some Anual Wd40 And Oil But Now It Locks Im Very Happy picS On Wednesday I Promise

well anyone have advise for me im going to try to find something to protect the fresh paint for awhile what ppl told me use clear coats and do like 2 or 3 any prep i should do like scuff or wash or clean with laqour

Do light coats let dry,then repeat(light coats)Clear coat is very thin,so go easy!To much and it,ll run easily!

well today i forgot to take pics but i didnt do much i just finished the tailgate completely and i tryed to clean it up and put tools back in there cases still productive and now im orginized .but she looks great and i tried out the linelock cool ****.

Nice, nice job on your tailgate. Everything else too. You're lucky to have a Valiant wagon...it has great practicality. My Dad had one in the 60's. Still have a scar from where my face hit the metal edge of the back seat when he swerved to miss a dog. Be careful if you put a kid in the 'way back.' Dad went a little pale seeing all the blood. I like having a Mopar scar tho. Seriously, great work!

lol yea that looks dangerous i alredy thought about carpeting that but i figure it wont look good great car tho . i wish my dad had a wagon.

updated pics of what ive been finding and doing i was inspecting and of course what do i find RUST on the flange that the door weather striping hooks onto and not to much on the other rear 1/4 but tomarrow ima work on the tailgate i got some clear coat and i need to get sheet metal to do welding plz take a look at my pics for more info

well today i hooked up the new air compressor i love it.runes evreything and was inexpencive till i buy a 70gal or w/e , its a 8gallon 2hp 115 psi.and i was just painting today rainy weather stopped alot.but yea bought a die grinder and a 25ft hose man i love air!

Where,s pics.?I,m sure any issues you might run into(member)Waggin will have all your know/how answers,dealing with your waggin!:glasses6:

Well Guys I Beleive Im Gonna Have Alot To Take Pics Of Today Its Really Nice Out Time To Get Down With The Get Down Asnd Do Some Work On My Baby Have Lots To Tell U All Tonight And Lots Of Pics!

-
Back