My Dart Dilemma

-

sailpanel

Reaction score
O.K. the plan was to sell my 66 charger, find a good A-Body preferably a 67-69 notch Barracuda with a slant and change a few things to my liking and use it as a daily driver. What I came across was a 67 Dart GT with 20,000 original miles. Thinking I couldn't find a better starting point than this I jumped on it. Problem is now I'm starting to feel apprehensive about using a survivor like this as my starting point. I was planning on the usual large bolt pattern change over with 8 3/4 rear and disks off a 73 up front, adding a/c etc. Not much harm so far but then I start looking at the body wishing I could loose some of the trim like I did my charger and with that I'm taking the car to a place where it couldn't be easily returned to original. I know it's my car I can do as I please but I'm starting to feel guilty about what I'm contemplating. So the question is... change it, or sell it to someone who'll appreciate it for what it is now.. a super clean 20,000 mile original????

RRQ3.jpg

honestly sell it because thats a survivor buyy a not so fancy running one and do what you want to it dont ruin this one

O.K. the plan was to sell my 66 charger, find a good A-Body preferably a 67-69 notch Barracuda with a slant and change a few things to my liking and use it as a daily driver. What I came across was a 67 Dart GT with 20,000 original miles. Thinking I couldn't find a better starting point than this I jumped on it. Problem is now I'm starting to feel apprehensive about using a survivor like this as my starting point. I was planning on the usual large bolt pattern change over with 8 3/4 rear and disks off a 73 up front, adding a/c etc. Not much harm so far but then I start looking at the body wishing I could loose some of the trim like I did my charger and with that I'm taking the car to a place where it couldn't be easily returned to original. I know it's my car I can do as I please but I'm starting to feel guilty about what I'm contemplating. So the question is... change it, or sell it to someone who'll appreciate it for what it is now.. a super clean 20,000 mile original????

Want to trade for a 1967 Barracuda fastback that needs drive train but has a pretty nice body? It is a V8 automatic car.

Can't mess with that original beauty. Would be a sin......

let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be!

sailpanel, that car's just too original, too nice, and too clean to mess with. JMO, but I'd look for something that's already been slightly modified to play with.
It's only original once and that survivor is just too nice. Nice find by the way!

I wanted to do the same as you. But I found a nice clean already modified '69 Dart 270 on eBay several years ago to start my project.

sailpanel, that car's just too original, too nice, and too clean to mess with. JMO, but I'd look for something that's already been slightly modified to play with.
It's only original once and that survivor is just too nice. Nice find by the way!

I wanted to do the same as you. But I found a nice clean already modified '69 Dart 270 on eBay several years ago to start my project.
Don't put a mark on it. Not many like that one left.

I did it to a 17k mile Demon. It was a 6 cyl though. Changed to a 360/727/8.75, 73+ disc brakes. Didn't mess with the body or put tubs in it or anything

-
Back