My Dart Swinger Project!

-
That is awesome because this guy that has the Dakota makes a living parting out cars and saleing scrap metal. I have an old Chevy lumina that use to be my wife's every day driver until it started giving us problems it still runs but has issues. Maybe he would trade me the 5.2 and tranny for the lumina. Then i wouldn't have any money in it and would still have my cash to put into the intake cam etc! Ok another question.
Will LA headers fit magnum heads?
And magnums have roller lifters correct? Will any roller cam work with the factory lifters?

Holy cow i just looked at the price of a 4 bbl intake and replacement cam for a magnum engine! I think I'm just gonna stick with an LA! I will just find another 80s model and just stick with the original plan.

Holy cow i just looked at the price of a 4 bbl intake and replacement cam for a magnum engine! I think I'm just gonna stick with an LA! I will just find another 80s model and just stick with the original plan.
can get a Chinese knock off for about 175 bucks... maybe cheaper 2nd hand. Cam can be a used cam from a roller LA. They can be had for free, or the price of shipping. they'll have the mechanical fuel pump snout also.

can get a Chinese knock off for about 175 bucks... maybe cheaper 2nd hand. Cam can be a used cam from a roller LA. They can be had for free, or the price of shipping. they'll have the mechanical fuel pump snout also.
That's good information thank you. Are there any production cams that will work with the rollers? Or do you have to have a magnum roller cam?

That's good information thank you. Are there any production cams that will work with the rollers? Or do you have to have a magnum roller cam?
you can use a roller cam from a LA roller engine. 318 or 360. You'll gain a little lift, as the LA's are 1.5 ratio, and the magnums 1.6

I just found this little gem of a website! Lol there is alot of info here!
Using LA parts on a Magnum
It said theoretically that you can use a flat tappet cam and lifters in the magnum. I think said you have to run a electric fuel pump if it doenst have the fuel pump snout!?

I just found this little gem of a website! Lol there is alot of info here!
Using LA parts on a Magnum
It said theoretically that you can use a flat tappet cam and lifters in the magnum. I think said you have to run a electric fuel pump if it doenst have the fuel pump snout!?
I'd just be patient. Gather information, see what deals come along. Know your options, when the right deal comes along, you'll know it and grab it.

I'd just be patient. Gather information, see what deals come along. Know your options, when the right deal comes along, you'll know it and grab it.
Oh most definitely that is exactly what I am doing!! I'm doing my research and homework that way i can make an educated decision! I dont want to just go out buy a magnum because ppl here (as much as I respect you alls opinion and knowledge)
Told me to and the get into and and be like damn this ain't gonna work because of this or that. There is alot I dont know and have to figure out before I make a decision.

Good Lord no! You're all over the place...
Lay it on me though...
Sorry got sidetracked with magnum research. The crazy idea was turn down the 360 crank and stroke the 318. But after doing some research I don't think it would work anyways doenst seem like they make 318 pistons short enough to make that work. Using factory pistons it would put me .06 over the deck I dont think that will work with closed chambered heads hahaha!! Maybe a set of open 360 heads might clear. Valve clearance would be a crap shoot probably.

Sorry got sidetracked with magnum research. The crazy idea was turn down the 360 crank and stroke the 318. But after doing some research I don't think it would work anyways doenst seem like they make 318 pistons short enough to make that work. Using factory pistons it would put me .06 over the deck I dont think that will work with closed chambered heads hahaha!! Maybe a set of open 360 heads might clear. Valve clearance would be a crap shoot probably.
many have installed a 360 crank in the 318, but it never made sense to me. Why spend money and insist on using a 3.91 bore when the 360 is at 4.00. 360 blocks are not that rare or expensive.

many have installed a 360 crank in the 318, but it never made sense to me. Why spend money and insist on using a 3.91 bore when the 360 is at 4.00. 360 blocks are not that rare or expensive.
Just a crazy idea that popped into my head lol it's nothing I'd ever do just fun to discuss.

Every time I call they pull up Magnum Motors in are overwhelmed by how many they have. They always say oh yeah we got plenty...

Every time I call they pull up Magnum Motors in are overwhelmed by how many they have. They always say oh yeah we got plenty...
I don't think I even have a pick n pull close to me...…..

Just got off the phone with agees they have 2 magnum 318 one is a parts engine (dont run) the other one is 400 dollars unknown miles with a 6 month warranty. And they had no LA engines.
Meanwhile the kid with the 75 pickup is down to 550. Lol
Oh and the guy with the Dakota with the 5speed said it's gone already.

I don't think I even have a pick n pull close to me...…..
I thought he was using pick and pull as a reference to a junkyard. If it is a name of a retailer then no I dont have one around me either. We have a few small single family owned junkyards and agees and a place called Bill's. I need to call bills next.

I thought he was using pick and pull as a reference to a junkyard. If it is a name of a retailer then no I dont have one around me either. We have a few small single family owned junkyards and agees and a place called Bill's. I need to call bills next.
sometimes people live in a city of a million, and assume we all have those same options... LOL. I live in a town much less than a 1000 :D

My town has about 500 I think. The whole county only has around 20k
lol... we be in the same boat. Our county has 21k. my town is about 800. Not complaining though, wouldn't live in a rat race big city if they gave me a house for free :D

Just got off the phone with agees they have 2 magnum 318 one is a parts engine (dont run) the other one is 400 dollars unknown miles with a 6 month warranty. And they had no LA engines.
Meanwhile the kid with the 75 pickup is down to 550. Lol
Oh and the guy with the Dakota with the 5speed said it's gone already.
So is there someone out there beating a 6 month warranty for $400? Of course an extra 200 for the manifold. I really don't understand why you need a new cam for it right away? I mean a nice smooth running engine to begin with wouldn't be a bad idea. You can get stupid later.

Meanwhile the kid with the 75 pickup is down to 550.
This seems to be very inviting, this is certainly worth a visit to check it out. He could be wanting some X-mas money for the year or neglected bills to pay. A low ball offer may nab this truck.....

This seems to be very inviting, this is certainly worth a visit to check it out. He could be wanting some X-mas money for the year or neglected bills to pay. .....
yep, I'd already done looked at it if it were me....

This seems to be very inviting, this is certainly worth a visit to check it out. He could be wanting some X-mas money for the year or neglected bills to pay. A low ball offer may nab this truck.....
We are currently negotiating a trade for a four wheeler I have! Keeping my fingers crossed.

-
Back