MY dyno and ET slip, What do they tell you?

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
Ok, I know there is alot of info in this info but I am not sure what to do with the numbers. I know you need spec's: 422 stroker, stock 63 cc eddy heads, tti headers 1 3/4, 3" super turbos, 244@50 roller 550 lift cam, 1.5 roller rockers, 850cfm holley, 727 3200 stall, 4:10 dana 10.5/1 CR, caltrac adjust shocks, 002/003 springs.

Attachments

• 1st Dyno.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 524
  • 1st Dyno numbers.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 522
  • scan0002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 499
Need the weight of your car with you in it to be able to crunch the numbers to their fullest benefit.

Personally I think you need more convertor,say around 4-4500.Will help your 60fts and E.T,s. JMO.

P.S Weight,tire size and what shocks?

No, he needs more cam, head work ...then maybe go up to 3500 stall.

You not making much power with 422 inches.

agreed! but we dont know if chassis or Engine dyno. if its Chassis thats not bad and would put him at what 480-490hp at the crank?

Need the weight of your car with you in it to be able to crunch the numbers to their fullest benefit.
Have not weighed it but my guess is 3250lbs and it was chassis dyno. I was at the pedal with a tach that was off so guessing when to nail it. not sure how much difference it makes to have experience at the wheel. The 1 st ET slip is with bolt on and go parts. No experience tuning.

I believe should be a mid 11 second car. Did they tune it or just dyno?

Should be low 11's with about 118-121mph at that weight.

I'll guess fuel system is running behind consumption.

Without knowing much more.. Is the convertor a 10"? Are you leaving on the convertor or off idle? What tires? IMO, if you are looking for ET and not concerning with drivability... You need to work hard on that 60'. Tune the shocks, and work on the launch rpm.

Edit - I didn't read this answer.. This looks like a chassis dyno record with an O2 trace. Is it a chassis dyno or engine dyno? If it's engine dyno, what were the BSFCs over the power curve RPM?

Should be low 11's with about 118-121mph at that weight.

I'll guess fuel system is running behind consumption.
I was thinking I could get low 11's

Without knowing much more.. Is the convertor a 10"? Are you leaving on the convertor or off idle? What tires? IMO, if you are looking for ET and not concerning with drivability... You need to work hard on that 60'. Tune the shocks, and work on the launch rpm.

Edit - I didn't read this answer.. This looks like a chassis dyno record with an O2 trace. Is it a chassis dyno or engine dyno? If it's engine dyno, what were the BSFCs over the power curve RPM?
Yes, the weight transfer and launch is where I will gain some I think. I also am going to install rachet shifter to get more rpm before it shifts.
Chasis dyno

11" Boss Hog 54093 converter, 26"x11" street drags, off at about 2k rpm
After the 1st run I couldn't get the tires to stick, if they did the wheel spun in the tire. I am correcting that problem this week. I am looking for some 28" tires also.

The MPH looks really low, but then again your engine is done making power @ 5200 (and falls off fast), which is Really low as well.

2 questions:
What valve springs?
What intake?

I think the low RPM HP peak is hurting your ET with your current gearing. FWIW,my combo is VERY similar (except my Eddys are ported), and I cross the stripe @ 6700. So if you want to keep the engine the same you should probably go with less gear to keep the engine from running out of power on the big end....or give it more cam and port the heads so it can breath up above 6000rpm....just my 2 cents.

The MPH looks really low, but then again your engine is done making power @ 5200 (and falls off fast), which is Really low as well.

2 questions:
What valve springs?
What intake?

I think the low RPM HP peak is hurting your ET with your current gearing. FWIW,my combo is VERY similar (except my Eddys are ported), and I cross the stripe @ 6700. So if you want to keep the engine the same you should probably go with less gear to keep the engine from running out of power on the big end....or give it more cam and port the heads so it can breath up above 6000rpm....just my 2 cents.
I have the Lifters and springs COMP recommended for the CAM and I have an eddy Air gap with 1" super sucker spacer. I think bigger tires might help at the end don't you. It has 26" now if I went with 28" or 29" that should give more reserve on the RPM ???
I am a little skeptical about the dyno I had done. I am going to get another one at another shop just to compare once I get my custom carb installed next week. I am getting a BIGS 950HP (830cfm) setup for my build.

what rpm did it run through the light at 110mph?

4.10, 26" tire right

I have the Lifters and springs COMP recommended for the CAM and I have an eddy Air gap with 1" super sucker spacer. I think bigger tires might help at the end don't you. It has 26" now if I went with 28" or 29" that should give more reserve on the RPM ???
I am a little skeptical about the dyno I had done. I am going to get another one at another shop just to compare once I get my custom carb installed next week. I am getting a BIGS 950HP (830cfm) setup for my build.

Bigger tires will help some. I run 28" tire if that helps (and cross the stripe @ 6700).

what rpm did it run through the light at 110mph?

4.10, 26" tire right
Not sure of RPM cuz when I put the stroker in my tach started acting funny (runs to my MSD red box) calculator I used when plugged in data says 5800. not sure.
Gear is 4.10 tires were 26"

If it was a chassis dyno and it made 412 hp in a 3250 car with driver.
The Optimum Et should be 11.15 ET @118 mph

That convertor is 90% of the problem. An 11" convertor with that high a stall speed will slip like a son of a ***** in high gear. Get either one of the "en vogue" 9.5" units from Dynamic, PTC, or preferrably Ultimate or a "tight" 8" set to 3600. Get some taller tires.

And you still didnt answer or did I miss it... Chassis dyno or engine?

And you still didnt answer or did I miss it... Chassis dyno or engine?

Have not weighed it but my guess is 3250lbs and it was chassis dyno. I was at the pedal with a tach that was off so guessing when to nail it. not sure how much difference it makes to have experience at the wheel. The 1 st ET slip is with bolt on and go parts. No experience tuning.

He answered it above...

Bad converters do nasty things to good cars/engines.

-
Back