my first car progres

-

moparkid340

Reaction score
i bout the car when i turned 16 a year ago from the org owner for 50$ and now a have a 70 340 that i built for it with 10.5.1 comp and a big cam and x heads and a tm5 intake. iv converted the car to a bucket seat car but i plan on mini tubing and puting a 8pt cage in. all the kids at school with their rice burners think my cars a pos and it will never run with their little hondas and wat not but i think theve got another thing coming.
o and im in the progress of painting the car curiues yellow.
hope u enjoy. i no its not much but i love this car with a passion. and i cant wait till its done
let me no wat u think.
HPIM0167.jpg

HPIM0168.jpg

HPIM0172.jpg

HPIM0218.jpg

HPIM0307.jpg

HPIM0309.jpg

HPIM0641.jpg

HPIM0706.jpg

HPIM0708.jpg

HPIM0779.jpg

HPIM0860.jpg

HPIM0863.jpg

HPIM0894.jpg

HPIM0901.jpg

HPIM0904.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

thank you. Gary

HPIM0167.jpg

HPIM0167.jpg

HPIM0168.jpg

HPIM0168.jpg

HPIM0172.jpg

HPIM0172.jpg

HPIM0218.jpg

HPIM0218.jpg

HPIM0307.jpg

HPIM0307.jpg

HPIM0309.jpg

HPIM0309.jpg

HPIM0641.jpg

HPIM0641.jpg

HPIM0706.jpg

HPIM0706.jpg

HPIM0708.jpg

HPIM0708.jpg

HPIM0779.jpg

HPIM0779.jpg

HPIM0860.jpg

HPIM0860.jpg

HPIM0863.jpg

HPIM0863.jpg

HPIM0894.jpg

HPIM0894.jpg

HPIM0901.jpg

HPIM0901.jpg

HPIM0904.jpg

HPIM0904.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

Should be a fun car. Don't let them give you any crap. Just tell them your starter motor has more tourqe than their car.

Gary, you've got yourself a great project there! That is a great detail job on your 340, how hot is it? What are your plans for paint color? One more question, is your six pack scoop stock height? Keep up the good work and do it your way. I admire young guys tacking on a project like this, anybody can put a fart pipe, stickers and a wing on a cookie cutter import but in the end they will envy your Mopar.
Bob

Good going MoparKid340!! You have a great car to spend some time on and before you know it you will be the envy of the county.
Keep us posted !!
Glad to see a young man going at it on an abobodie like Gary.
Keep up the good work.

thanks alot every body.
the car is going to be painted 1971 plymouth curious yellow.
as for my 340
its bored 30. over
10.5.1 comp
about 510 lift cam.
x heads ported, polisehed
edelbroke tm-5 intake
edelbroke 750 carp
mallery unalite dist
HPIM0600.jpg

HPIM0601.jpg

HPIM0894.jpg

HPIM0600.jpg

HPIM0601.jpg

HPIM0894.jpg

HPIM0600.jpg

HPIM0601.jpg

HPIM0894.jpg

awesome project. engine lokks good and should run decent. Do it up the way you want and I wouldn't worry too much about the rice boys your power will beat their sound any day, they probably don't have much more than some lights, a stereo, cold air intake and a juice can muffler on a stock exhaust system. Time to burn some rice mopar style!!

Picture124.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture142.jpg

got my 340 in but im goin to pull it back out to paing under the hood i just wanted to see if my motor mounts worked

Picture124.jpg

Picture124.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Nice looking project.
You`re doing a great job with your Mopar.:thumbup:

nice going man. that car sure beats my vette that i had when i was 16......

it was the 4 door vette........the chevette....

I love what you are doing!! Got a great start!!
Can't wait to see more of the progress.
I've just finished up my 73 Duster and now it's time to drive it before winter sets in!!
I noticed you are in King NC.......I'm located just North of you about 40-50 miles.......in Carroll County, Va.
Here's the link to my finished car:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mtnjake/...usterCompleted

Keep up the great job and don't worry about the ricers......all they can do is play their sterios loud and put stickers on it to make it go fast.

Greg.........mtn_jake

Nice job maybe i didnt read hard enough but what year is your duster. I have a 75 I love it. Also is that the same duster in primer or what is going on with that one. Good work have fun with it and just remember if any of those honda guys give you any crap now you will not only stomp them but if they really tick you off you can roll into their cars at 3 mph and total their stuff out haha. Justin

lol its the same car just half of it is primer and i ran out of paint befor ei got to the other side haha o and its a 73
o and i STRONGLY recomend the shumocker motor mount kit for /6 to 340 it works PERFECTLEY.

Very nice work. Keep it up.

BTW, just remind your ricer critics that REAL race cars don't drive the front wheels. They lift them! :glasses2:

Sweet! Nice job I'm proud of you...oh and your gonna smoke those guys :) Take a video and share it as you burn their rice...LOL!

You sure are moving along here, and doing some great work to young man.
most of us know here at fabo know I like yellow. ALLOT.:tongue9:
Keep up the good work moparkid340, I am enjoying your efforts and commitment.:supz:
You are making us very proud to see a young man spend his time and cash on this addiction.:thumbrig:

Way to go, it's coming along great! I just don't understand the rice crowd, just the sound of those things makes me cringe. In 20 years when we're watching Barrett Jackson does anyone think an 85 Honda Civic is going to roll across the stage? God I hope not #-o

hey gary, what a great thing to do. i applaud you in your efforts. looks like you have some back up help and a great place to do your work. hope you are working with family on this project. you didn't state wheather you were or not but i wish my dad would have spent more time working with me. i want to let you know that if you need any parts that i can spare i'd gladly send them your way. if you need anything just let me know. i'll see what i can do. anything to help out our young guns
big daddy don

thanks alot guys my family dont relly aprove of me and the car so its pretty much just me. i had help from a older freind of mine to build my motor and tranns and he lets me uses his shop when i need it.
i jsut got the engine bay painted and the motor put back in but now i got to take it back out bc i forgot to put the stearing box on before i put the motor back in :( o well i should be able to crank it up shortly.

Picture013-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Hang in there moparkid340.:cheers:
I could tell you some stories about stuff I did wrong.:toothy10:
But that is part of it. keep up the good work young man.
Just do one thing for me,Be careful and watch your fingers and toe's,
And give your old friend a hello from all of us here, and a big thanks too.

Most artist work better alone.8)

-
Back