My first Cuda

-

swedefish

Reaction score
Wow! I`m so excited.
Tonight I noticed an ad for a -66 Barracuda on a Swedish site for cars.
When I inspected the ad I realized that it is my first car that I owned for about
30 years ago that`s for sale.
This must be a once in a lifetime chance to once again own my first car.
Please keep yours fingers crossed that it`s still for sale and not sold.

First pic, me and my car 30 years ago.
The second pic when I saw it at a car show 2 years ago.

Skrivbordsunderlägg från Windows Fotogalleri - Kopia (2).jpg

Kopia av juli -06 002.jpg

Please notice the license number on the pic from 30 years ago.
Can`t belieave it is for sale.
Ok,ok calm down, LOL

Kopia av scannade bilder 001_edited.jpg

Do it DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! HOOK THAT FISH! WOW, FISH IN SWEDEN!

*snicker* swedish fish *snicker*

Ok in all seriousness, that is freaking AWESOME, I will send good thoughts and wishes your way that you can recapture that part of your youth!.

Just don't get all excited telling the guy it's your first car and how bad you want it until you make the deal or the price will go way up :-D

Thanks guys
He says in the ad that there has been 20 guys calling about the car, but that`s what he says.
He`s asking 44K swedish money, wich would be if I bought it in the US
$ 4400 including shipping, vat taxes and customs.

The clock is 1 am now, so I guess I won`t get any answere tonight.:dontknow:

Visited the guy yesterday and had a look at the little A-body.
Everything looked pretty good.
He called me on the cellphone today and told me he has decided that he wanted me to have the car (wohoo), since it was my first car with, at the time, a brand new driving license.
Probably gonna pick it up within a fortnight.
The yellow paint on the engine have to go.
Can`t wait until I get it home.
Although my Cuda -68 convert have to go due to lack of space.

Cudan 001 - Kopia.jpg

Cudan 002 - Kopia.jpg

Thanks
I`m really gonna take care of this little baby.
Almost like a long lost pet coming home.
And my wife really been supporting me on this one.
Her first comment was, it got to come home again LOL

WOW, that is great! A story with a happy ending. Or should I say A happy A-bodie ending. Have fun with her.

I'm so happy!..............:crybaby:

Seriously!.................I've been looking for my old 68 Charger for AGES with no luck at all..............You're da' man! Enjoy it! :toothy7:

I missed this thread when you started it but I`m so glad I found it now. For something like that to happen is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can`t believe you found your first car. :love7: Karma? Fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! It`s a shame the vert will have to go but if you can`t talk the wife into a bigger garage then I guess this car would have to take precedence over the other. Awesome find! Wow!:cheers:

Thanks guys
Oh no I won`t throw it back this time, thats for sure. LOL

I missed this thread when you started it but I`m so glad I found it now. For something like that to happen is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can`t believe you found your first car. :love7: Karma? Fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! It`s a shame the vert will have to go but if you can`t talk the wife into a bigger garage then I guess this car would have to take precedence over the other. Awesome find! Wow!:cheers:

Well, if I gave her the vert I guess she would get rid of the -90 LeBaron to make room for the vert. She`s ment to use the Baron as a driver during vinter time. But for now it (the Baron) sits in the garage with a broken drivers door glass. She had to smash the window when she left it with engine running ,the door closed with the result that the electric door locks locked the door.
Well, thats life LOL

Congrats. I felt the same when I got my original road runner back. Now I've owned it a total of 17 years!

I saw an old girlfriend a couple months ago that still lives in the town where I grew up. She knew of a 69 Super Bee that I once owned about 30 years ago and saw one running around town there that she believed to be the same car. She remembered a race with a Boss 302 on a stretch of road just behind my house. That Boss had me out of the hole but as soon as that 440-6 pack got going it was way over for the Mustang. It`s a good chance that the car she saw is my old Bee and if I could only land that car again, that would be amazing,...........and expensive now!

Thanks guys

I saw an old girlfriend a couple months ago that still lives in the town where I grew up. She knew of a 69 Super Bee that I once owned about 30 years ago and saw one running around town there that she believed to be the same car. She remembered a race with a Boss 302 on a stretch of road just behind my house. That Boss had me out of the hole but as soon as that 440-6 pack got going it was way over for the Mustang. It`s a good chance that the car she saw is my old Bee and if I could only land that car again, that would be amazing,...........and expensive now!
Great story John, I can definatly relate to your feeling. Hope that you`ll be able to land the chase. It`s a great feeling when it happens.
Congrats to you too Sedan68

Lose the Baron, keep the vert or you'll be trying to hunt it back down in a few years :-D

keep the vert or you'll be trying to hunt it back down in a few years :-D
Yeah, that wouldn`t come as a surprise to me, well we`ll see what happends.

One thing is for sure, got to do some work on the Baron anyway.
Can`t have a Baron holding any garage space, even though it`s very nice to ride in.
Then I`ll see, maybe I should just give the vert to the wife cause it would be hard for her to sell it if she had it as a gift from me. :evil2: LOL

-
Back