My First MOPAR Build!!!!

-

Valiant Vince

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just joined team Mopar, and am super excited to build such a cool car. I recently acquired a 1975 Valiant Brougham! its straight, clean, un-wrecked and old lady owned. It runs well and got it for what i believe to be a great price.

Before i detail my plans for the car, heres a little info about myself. Im from WA state, 27 years old. Im a machinist/draftsman/fabricator by trade. Im into cars, motorcycles, and guns. I enjoy implementing my skills as a metalworker in all of my hobbies.

Ive had many different cars, everything from turbo subarus, swapped Hondas (dont hate me), to several GM F-bodies. My most recent was a near 400hp LS1 Formula Firebird. Ive recently decided it was time for a Mopar. A guy i work with had this Valiant for sale at a price i couldnt refuse due to the fact that he could only store one car indoors and he chose his 70 Nova. Its a slant-6 car but it seems to be a good swap candidate.

My plans are fairly straightforward, listed by priority:

* Wheels/Tires (id like to have a classic muscle stance, larger rear tires)
Ill probably just clean it up and cruise it like this for the rest of the year.
* V-8 swap (built 340, 360? Id like a nice reliable 350+ whp smallblock) Not too sure whats all involved, k-member swap? harness work, etc.
*stalled trans
*semi-built rear end (posi, good axles, 8 1/4? 8 3/4?)
* brakes and suspension (fresh everything, maybe a nice front rotor/caliper upgrade? replace all bushings, good shocks/sporty springs, maybe sways)
*paint (id like a gunmetal, dark silver. Maybe do away with the vinyl top, or at least replace with a black one if thats too much work)
* clean up the interior, decent audio

so theres my plans, id like a unique street car to cruise on the weekends, go to some local shows, and take her to the strip for a few passes every once and a while.

Thanks for having me guys and gals, I look forward to contributing any way i can! Any suggestions for what i have planned so far are appreciated!!!

Attachments

• valiant.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 114
Congrats! I will be selling my wheels and tires soon that are on my car, so if you are looking for wheels let me know. Mopar are not post they are sure grips. Just an FYI haha. I also will be selling my front disc setup soon, more than likely next month if interested. IF you were closer I would show you some stuff and help you. Just read on here and learn, search before asking, some people like me have asked a lot of stuff!

Great find! You have a great starting point and with no rust you are saved a lot of heartache. You will find many helpful experts here with tech support and parts knowledge. Welcome and good luck with your build.
DR:coffee2:

Welcome to the Madness !! Looks like a great start.

No K frame swap needed. Schumacher creative services ((engine-swaps.com) for swap engine mounts. I have used them 3 times with excellent results.

A 360 is cheaper, more readily available. It will make more torque and peak very similar HP numbers a few hundred rpm earlier than a 340, which holds onto its peak rpm HO level longer because it is a short stroke engine.

The wiring needs to be shortened or lengthened. Snip and adjust as needed to fit.

An 8-1/4 is 75% cheaper than a 8-3/4 of which the 3/4 will hold 30%+ more power.

There are many upgrades for brakes.

6X9 speakers in the rear deck.

-
Back