My free Duster (Look close you will see why it is free)

-
3 cheers for evaporust!!! You are doing a great job, but I still don't see why that Duster was free. It's not in bad shape, except for the typical areas you would normally expect to find rust. I think you made a great score. That "Booger" sure is cute... wait a minute, I think Booger is doing more than her share on the resto'd parts isn't she?? She's sneaking out of her room at night when you're asleep and cleaning those assemblies for you isn't she??? Look at her, she has the evidence in her hand!!!LOL!!! She needs her own Simpson car seat to ride along with Dad in HER Duster!!! Keep up the good work, and I'm proud to have you keeping my family safe!!! Thanks for your service to our great nation, you are the reason we can enjoy this hobby!!! Geof

dusted would u hurry up and finish that thing
I am waiting to see where all my parts went.
I could use that valiant right about now

I'm tryin if I can get a welder I would get so much more done. I just gotta keep chipping away at the wife till she lets me get one.

looking good im doing about the same thing im over near the coast and have another duster parts car if you need anything just hollar neighbor and again good job

There are alot of things I need. But right now I am gonna try to get a welder then worry about the stuff I gotta buy but when the time comes I may hit you up.

All I can say is that from this build I am sold on Evaporust and when I get back home I am going to harbor freight and buying about 5 gallons then dumping it in the tub I have been using for electrolysis.

Ramenth and 360scamp I am glad you guys are watchin too. I hold your opinions pretty high on the site.

This Thread ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! You have got yourself a great looking Duster shaping up there. Love to see the pictures and descriptions of what you are using to achieve the awesome results your getting. You are an inspiration to all of us. Please be safe on your upcoming deployment. When you return if you are still interested in any of the Duster parts I have laying around, they are yours for the asking. This is my gift to you to say Thank You for all you do to keep us free!!!!!!

Dustermaniac thanks so much they postponed the deployment till November at least but hopefully they will call it off completely.

Wow DusterManiac I don't know what to say. Thanks I may just take you up on that since I really dont have much for the car.

Ok so this has nothin to do with the resto but I think they are cool. Got'em off ebay.

Post card pics 001.jpg

Post card pics 004.jpg

Post card pics 005.jpg

Well nothing done to the car but I did manage to buy some stuff with my taxes. Not alot for the car but I did get some sales brochures and post cards that I thought were cool. It seems that MaMopar thought a green Duster 6 banger was the car to sale the base model Dusters. It just happens to be almost the exact car as mine was from the factory. A couple of differences were mine had a green vinyl top but no taillight stripe. I also got 3 NOS brake light switches off Ebay and an Edelbrock Performer 318/360 intake from R72Demon, we did some tradin on some parts. I also got a few sales brochures with the same green Duster and some more stuff coming in the next few days.

Post card pics 001.jpg

Post card pics 002.jpg

Post card pics 003.jpg

Post card pics 004.jpg

Post card pics 005.jpg

Snow and tax parts LOL 003.jpg

Snow and tax parts LOL 004.jpg

Snow and tax parts LOL 005.jpg

Snow and tax parts LOL 006.jpg

Wow,great job. Glad to see some still have a sense of inginuity to build rather than buy. Gives me motivation for my project.

YAAA I actually felt good enough to get one thing done to my car today. I finally painted the dash frame. I am not happy with the way it turned out either. I used an entire can of Duplicolor Bumper black and it still needs more. It covered good but I want to get another can so I can put several really dry coats on it to give it a little texture like the factory had, I am also thinking of using a Satin clear to give it a little more durability.

Dash frame paint 002.jpg

Dash frame paint 003.jpg

Dash frame paint 004.jpg

Dash frame paint 005.jpg

Dash frame paint 006.jpg

Dash frame paint 007.jpg

Dash frame paint 008.jpg

Dash frame paint 009.jpg

Dash frame paint 010.jpg

Dash frame paint 011.jpg

OkI loaded myself up on painkillers and decided I was gonno do so more work. I got all my tools put away and then I decided I would roll the 318 out of the corner and strip the accessories and carb and wiring so I can get it cleaned and ready to paint so I can install my new to me Performer intake and get ready to rebuild my Holley 600 I got. Here are a few pics of the tear down and my little Toy Fox terrier Daisy. She looks kinda like a mini cow since she is a little over weight. And of course the heads I have are abolutely horrible for any kind of performance. Casting number 3769973

Dash frame painting and engine strip 006.jpg

Dash frame painting and engine strip 007.jpg

Dash frame painting and engine strip 011.jpg

Dash frame painting and engine strip 012.jpg

Dash frame painting and engine strip 013.jpg

Dash frame painting and engine strip 024.jpg

Dash frame painting and engine strip 023.jpg

Dash frame painting and engine strip 008.jpg

Looking good dusted. I finished my dash and installed in the car now. Working on headliner. PITA for sure.

-
Back