My free Duster (Look close you will see why it is free)

-
Hey looks good, just checked out your shutterfly deal, thats real neat, lots of pics to remember the challenge by. You gonna keep the valiant fenders and dash on it? Pretty neat how your building it on the budget. Good luck keep it up!!!

Dusted if you find yourself up around Winston-Salem there is a Pull A Part with a 86 Dodge van with a 360. If you pull up this link they have a price list. The prices are good compared to a lot of places.

http://www.pullapart.com/

Ok this week I got absolutely nothing done. I am trying to get promoted so I spent some extra time at work plus I was on Emergency Response. Maybe this weekend I will start on the other trunk extension but we will see.

I was wandering how long it would take to notice. There is no real reason. Did you laugh? If so then my "Evil" plan has worked.
Thank you :cheers: I am enjoying and learning as your build moves forward =P~
Keep up the good work and remember to enjoy every minute you get to spend on your 72 Duster :cheers: And thank you for sharing with us dusted72.

Toot toot? I don't think so. It should be more like BWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! You're doing more with a broomstick and a block of wood than I could ever do with a shop full of tools. Great work and great thread. Your wife is a keeper since she lets you put rusty parts on the dining room table without blowing a weep hole. Your little girl is an absolute angel and it looks like she loves to help Daddy with the old car. Keep up the good work and enjoy.

Thanks guys I appreciate the encouragement. It has been really slow this past week and the rest of the month isn't looking any better now. I am gonna be in a post blast class ( we go out and look at a crater and collect evidence and try to figure out how much and what kind of bang was used) this week and then I will be going to Williamsburg VA the next. So maybe after the first I will get back on it and get some more progress done. I hate when I get the ball rolling only to have someone pull out in front and have to start again. I also put up a parts wanted ad for some small patches for the quarter that I can't make.

You are an inspiration to all of us out here that have to adhere to a budget build. I do respect your dedication in the hard work you are doing on your own to bring her back. I am in Clayton and if there is anything you may need that I can help you out with please send me a P.M. and I will send you contact info. Believe it or not my Duster may look nice, but there are issues on my car that I am going to need to address soon. I may have some small body parts (Used) if you are interested in.

Dustermaniac, as you know with today's economy most builds are done on a budget. I sell parts here and there to help fund the build but it always seems that when I get a few sold another bill comes along and the money goes as fast as it came. With that said I found it easier to make my own pieces rather then wait around for money that will never come. I am not doing this build so much to show off my ability but to maybe show others that you don't have to be rich to build a nice car. It is to show that with a little patience and inginuity you can accomplish anything. If I can inspire one person to keep their car and not crush it then I have done my part to help keep our hobby and the cars we love alive. I do need some little pieces that I may hit you up on sometime since I am making my own stuff I don't have the tools to make some things. Thank you for the kind words and stay tuned as there will definitely be more to come.

Dustermaniac, as you know with today's economy most builds are done on a budget. I sell parts here and there to help fund the build but it always seems that when I get a few sold another bill comes along and the money goes as fast as it came. With that said I found it easier to make my own pieces rather then wait around for money that will never come. I am not doing this build so much to show off my ability but to maybe show others that you don't have to be rich to build a nice car. It is to show that with a little patience and inginuity you can accomplish anything. If I can inspire one person to keep their car and not crush it then I have done my part to help keep our hobby and the cars we love alive. I do need some little pieces that I may hit you up on sometime since I am making my own stuff I don't have the tools to make some things. Thank you for the kind words and stay tuned as there will definitely be more to come.

2 things.

1. Thanks for your service.

2. Thank you for this thread. I am on disability and I made the mistake of posting about a 65 Barracuda I found near me and all I have gotten nothing but grief from people who have the money to buy a better car.

But it seems to me that 99% of the members here are snobbish like Corvette owners. So with this keep up the great work.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=78272

2 things.

1. Thanks for your service.

2. Thank you for this thread. I am on disability and I made the mistake of posting about a 65 Barracuda I found near me and all I have gotten nothing but grief from people who have the money to buy a better car.

But it seems to me that 99% of the members here are snobbish like Corvette owners. So with this keep up the great work.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=78272

I'm sorry I did forget to mention also Thank You for your dedication to your service to our country. It is not about how much money you have dropped into your car, it is about having the love for the automobile you have and the dedication to the cause of bringing these cars back from the dead as so many of us out here have done or are doing on an ongoing basis. For anyone to crititize anyone else about their car is extremely rude and hypocritical. I know the feeling when people look at your car and make those comments. It is very hurtful to listen to what some people say. Do not get discouraged about it, these people who have "trailer queens" probably have never turned a wrench. I have never won a trophy with my car despite the considerable investment of cash and time and labor into my car and every time I go to a show it is always the same cars that win the trophy's and good for them, I could care less about winning a trophy. I just like to have a vehicle that I know I can drive anywhere and that is a reflection of my hard work and dedication and pride. The OP of this thread is an excellent example of a person who is dedicated to making his car "his car" For that I applaud him and anyone else out here who feels the pains of this hobby, and does not give up. I am new to this board and I have only been received very warmly from everyone out here. I cannot understand why you feel as though everyone out here is insulting you.

Looks great, its a little better that my 68 cuda, mine was striped completly(including the drive train, all of the drive train.

Evan

I am still pissed you ruined a Pristine 1974 Valiant 4 door for that old duster
but you are doing some good work man

Dusted72,

Good job on the metal fab work. Some of the best cars in the world were built with elbow grease not free flowing money. When your done you will be able to stand back and have a great sense of pride that no amount of money can buy. I say good job and good luck I look forward to see the progress.

Chris

It seems that there is a sudden influx of fellers wanting the parts I have for sale so I am going to the junkyard next weekend the get some much needed parts. Thanks guys

Well it seems that nothing has been done for over 2 weeks. I was on a real tear there for a little while but now things have slowed down. Any advice on what to do next I don't have any more metal to make patches with and the money I have gotten from the parts I sold I decide to use for my daughters Christmas presents rather then to wait and hope I can come up with cash. So where to next? I was thinking maybe pull the motor and clean and paint it then start to get the engine compartment ready for paint. What do you guys think?

I think that pulling the motor and giving everything a freshen up is a good idea. it's a good way to make progress without spending tons of money. Good luck!!

74scamp I think that is what I am gonna do. All it takes is some time and a couple cans of paint. Plus I can get the engine compartment ready for paint. I think I am gonna strip everything off the car except what it needs to roll and steer. That way I don't have to worry about messing up any of the few good parts I have.

Well I decided to hold off on the clean and spray bomb rebuild of the 318 I have since my dad called and said he bought me a mid-80's 360/727 out of a 3/4 ton work truck. I will just wait until I get it and clean it before I put it in.

Alright good deal on the 360, i know thats what you wanted to put in it anyway. Sounds like the price is right lol! Keep up the good work, ill be sending my car up to you to finish! LOL!

-
Back