My Hang 10 survivor turns 40 today!

-

68red440

Reaction score
It's scheduled assembly date was May 3, 1974.
Winter improvements include a re-cored original radiator, all radiator & heater hoses, rebuilt the leaking PS pump, replaced rubber fuel lines & filter, tune-up, 4-wheel brake job, trans fluid & filter, oil & filter. The Kelly Chargers look good, but they're 15 years old. So new rubber is in the plan soon. Otherwise it's ready to drive anywhere, anytime.

100% original paint, never any rust, really nice original interior, very well maintained. Before driving home to Cincinnati last fall, it was in the Detroit area since ~1999. Anybody know its history prior to that? I plan to show it in a few Mopar Survivor displays.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Dart front left(1).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 271
  • Dart right rear(1).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Hang10_Interior_front(1).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 274
Congrats to you and your beautiful Hang 10! tmm

Happy Birthday Hang 10! That's a beautiful car. One of my all-time favorite cars. How many miles on that beauty?

Thanks, it has around 76k miles. It's not so low that I'd be afraid to rack up miles on it. Just enjoying it, driving it, and preserving it as best I can.

To me, a survivor is way more special than a low number rotisserie. Your car is an awesome example.

.... Anybody know its history prior to that? ....
Thanks!

I remember on for sale at the Long Beach swap meet in the late 90's with about that milage. Does it have california emission on the fender tag?

Thanks, I really want to make it to Moparfest for the first time. This might be the year. Unfortunately it doesn't have California emissions. That would make for a cool story if a surfer owned it at some point.

Thanks, it has around 76k miles. It's not so low that I'd be afraid to rack up miles on it. Just enjoying it, driving it, and preserving it as best I can.

And driving it is much healthier for it than for it to sit.

Nice car!!

Yes, driving it is definitely much better for it than letting it sit. AND, IMO, there's no point in owning a car and not drive it. That's what they were made for, enjoy it! I would so love to have a Hang 10 some day.

Nice car.
Did you give it a cake with 40 candles on it?
You could start the car, and then light the candles, and go to the back of it and let the exhaust blow them out.

Nice car.
Did you give it a cake with 40 candles on it?
You could start the car, and then light the candles, and go to the back of it and let the exhaust blow them out.

Ha! I didn't think of that. Yesterday I finally got it off jack stands from the brake job. Today I'll test drive and make sure everything is right with the brakes. My daughter would probably be in favor of a cake or cupcakes.

Awesome Car!

I hope you and your family enjoy the car as much as we did, glad we sold it to someone that doesn't want to put a 340 in it...LOL

This car was one of my favorite mopars I've ever owned

My first car was also a 74 Hang Ten with a 360.

Hi, Good to hear from you. My wife, daughter, and I take it to church and out for ice cream. Last weekend I drove it to Mopar Mania for the big Somernites Cruise in southern KY. The weekend before that I had it in the Survivor's tent at the Chrysler Power Classic at National Trail. It's fun to hear people's Hang 10 stories.
The more I get to know the car, the more evidence I see of it being a well-preserved, untouched original. It ran and drove great to Columbus and Somerset. With its new set of Cooper Cobra RWL tires, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across country if the occasion called for it. 21 MPG isn't bad either. Have a great summer.

-
Back