My HDK install thread.

-
The HDK is a pretty basic install untill you get to the front and rear ride height I want to see how yours will set and what you used to get there
Whatever you do in the front shouldn't affect the height of the rear at all.

From what I read, in the front you install the shock simulators and with the wheels/tires you want to run, you set the simulators to one of their three presets which emulate the three most popular shock body lengths. This is the length of shocks you order. Simple.

The spring is then chosen by what lb. rate spring gives you the recommended amount of sag when laden.

That's it. The rear end is not involved whatsoever.

What do you mean? I Ordered 10" coil overs and 500lb springs. My rear ride height shouldn't be effected.

Depends how tall of tires you have on the rear and how level you want your car to set 500LB springs IMO are overkill I have 28" tall tires on the rear with stock ride height espo leaf spings and fliped the front perch to lower rear another 1" I wanted my 69 valiant to set level ended up using stock spindles + a longer upper shock mount from Denny 10" coil overs with 375# springs with a low deck big block so that's why I'm interested in your final set up

From what I read, in the front you install the shock simulators and with the wheels/tires you want to run, you set the simulators to one of their three presets which emulate the three most popular shock body lengths. This is the length of shocks you order. Simple.

The spring is then chosen by what lb. rate spring gives you the recommended amount of sag when laden.

Not so simple wait and see the spring rate is determined by the location of the bottom spring adjuster and distance from eye to eye on the shock suggested by QA1 and yes the rear is involved depending on the stance it has and what you want it to be from front to rear the HDK systems is set up to lower the front so unless you do something in the rear it will have a lot of rake

sorry about jumping in great job hope I gave you some insight on what to look forward to keep posting your progress so people can see what's involved on the installation all builds are different

keep in mind.....the holes are the AVERAGE of the usable shock range.....you can adjust the preload up / down approx 1/2" each way....which covers about about 3" (11-1/2" to 14-3/8")

how do you recommend i adjust the bump stops for the most possible travel in either direction? It looks like the upper ball joint angle is what limits the downward travel. My upward travel is limited by the tire hitting the bottom of the inner fender.

Got some more toys today! Got DD403 double adjustable 10" double adjustable coil over shocks. Got 10HT500 springs. 500lb 2.5 ID 10" springs.

remove the simulator and bump stops

for compression (LCA)...., colapse the suspension as far as it will go and adjust the bump stop to stop the upward travel slightly before full travel is reached. Adjustment to the lower bump stop is accomplished by spacing under the stop (to extend) or removing/ sanding the stop ( to shorten). Different thickness stops are alzo readily availble.

for rebound (UCA).....allow the suspension to fully drop, then install and adjust the supplied uca bump stop to stop suspension travel downward slightly before full drop.

measure both ways to ensure the travel is within the range of the selected shock.

nice job.....I noticed you swapped out the upper polys for heims.......I am thinking about that as an option

nice job.....I noticed you swapped out the upper polys for heims.......I am thinking about that as an option

they do move more freely. I just mocked it up on the one side to see how i liked it. this is a street strip car so I think it might help with weight transfer. I could be wrong though.

they do move more freely. I just mocked it up on the one side to see how i liked it. this is a street strip car so I think it might help with weight transfer. I could be wrong though.
I was reading where on the top cars at the Musclecar Drags.....You know, the ones that are picking up the front wheels while running skinny stock-looking bias plies out back? That they have rollerized every single suspension pivot point. That's as in replacing every single suspension bushing with needle bearings to get the car to move and transfer all of the weight effortlessly without having to overcome the friction and resistance of the bushings. Rock on back!

I was reading where on the top cars at the Musclecar Drags.....You know, the ones that are picking up the front wheels while running skinny stock-looking bias plies out back? That they have rollerized every single suspension pivot point. That's as in replacing every single suspension bushing with needle bearings to get the car to move and transfer all of the weight effortlessly without having to overcome the friction and resistance of the bushings. Rock on back!

good call, John

good point, Bro John (Old Man Mopar)

Just boring gloss black. I like the wolf in sheeps clothing look. Never been a fan of loud chassis colors. Looked even sexier after blasting

They look great in that color. if you like the welds now, wait until you see them after!

Got my wheels and tires mounted up tonight. Running 17x7 with 4" backspace. This is especially nice because they are a very common on the shelf wheel. I am running 215/55/17 tires. They fit perfectly.

Got my wheels and tires mounted up tonight. Running 17x7 with 4" backspace. This is especially nice because they are a very common on the shelf wheel. I am running 215/55/17 tires. They fit perfectly.

All 4 corners

-
Back