My home inspection of Speedmaster heads

-
Just thought it is worth the mention. Getting close to 3 years after install (June), the heads are still on the car and working perfect. Still using the factory stock rocker shaft assembly. Car doesn't get driven a lot, but it is what it is. I think Speedmaster - for the money (2 assembled heads to your door for 700 bucks?) - were a great purchase.

Just thought it is worth the mention. Getting close to 3 years after install (June), the heads are still on the car and working perfect. Still using the factory stock rocker shaft assembly. Car doesn't get driven a lot, but it is what it is. I think Speedmaster - for the money (2 assembled heads to your door for 700 bucks?) - were a great purchase.

I bought two bare sets and one complete set for the first time gambling I would find a buyer that wanted a stock 2.02 valves sets ported. It worked out great for both of us and he picked them up yesterday. Although advertised as having double springs set up for a .600 hydraulic roller cam we were able to us them on his .512 lift cam by removing some shims. The guides were spot on as have the six other sets I’ve worked on. The 10 degree retainers and keepers put Edelbrock 7 degree stuff to shame. I sweat it’s comp cams stuff.

I bought two bare sets and one complete set for the first time gambling I would find a buyer that wanted a stock 2.02 valves sets ported. It worked out great for both of us and he picked them up yesterday. Although advertised as having double springs set up for a .600 hydraulic roller cam we were able to us them on his .512 lift cam by removing some shims. The guides were spot on as have the six other sets I’ve worked on. The 10 degree retainers and keepers put Edelbrock 7 degree stuff to shame. I sweat it’s comp cams stuff.
Good feedback also, thank you

-
Back