my hungry new stroker ! !

-
That mod helps the upper end. The kegger intake was designed for 1500-4500 rpm's. If Jaws isn't going to race it, he won't benefit much from that.

I did two things to help part throttle low end on my '01 Ram.
  1. I advanced the timing by slotting the crank sensor, about 3 degrees
  2. I ported and polished the throttle body from a 47 mm to a 50 mm.
Part throttle response is more crisp. Bottom end will melt the tire.... remember this?

LOL

Also.. PLEASE STOP DERAILING MY THREAD! LOL

I'm hoping to take care of all these issues under the reseal and repaint mode..
Of the three mods I did, advancing the timing was the most difference off idle. However, I have to burn at least 89 octane or it will ping. but it's worth it.

Don't forget that along with oil being sucked into that manifold air is also.
So I would think your computer is compensating for the extra air by adding more gas. Which in turn would dilute the oil somewhat.
I'll bet that truck is getting crummy gas mileage.
a big AMEN!!!!!! gas, power both suffer....

I currently have no idea where all the oils going out of my 360 Magnum in my truck??? Not one single drop on my driveway and not one puff of smoke?? Yet IIseem to lose a qourt about every hundred miles?????
A.D.D. ??? You forget already?? You derailed it yourself..... :D

Funny thing is is I got a little bit of a discount because ironically the check engine light came on the day I took it for a test drive. The previous owner was like oh man you know the day I go to sell it...
I bought it anyways knowing I could probably fix anything but it was two days later when I was waiting for my wife add an appointment sitting in the truck and I turn it off and called Mom to chat with her for a minute and tell her how how much I love the truck. I restart the truck check engine light not on and has never came out since. you just got to know how to sweet-talk them LOL....

Also.. PLEASE STOP DERAILING MY THREAD! LOL
Speaking of derailing. What was the best time that that 318 with the tunnel ram on it ever ran?
Now back to our do you really want to know thread, what kind of mileage are you getting with that truck with the plenum gasket blown?

I was going to tell you you're giving away all of the good secrets.
LOL....He wants more, he'll pay. I get 18 mpg with my 2500 in the summer. 5.9, auto, 3.55's, 17" tires.

Hey Jaws, wanna race Rams... ??? :D

Speaking of derailing. What was the best time that that 318 with the tunnel ram on it ever ran?
Now back to our do you really want to know thread, what kind of mileage are you getting with that truck with the plenum gasket blown?
Last I remember on the 318 was a 13-7. I remember trying to hold 3rd gear to the end of the track with the 355 gears LOL it didn't end well...
it's kind of hard to tell as you know how the Terrain here is in the Northwest and on a big trip going over Cabbage Patch with my wife myself a friend are three dogs both snowmobiles and the snowmobile sled deck and every bit of our gear and food for 4 days. Grossly overloaded I would say I got around 10 miles per gallon. also I don't think I was in overdrive even half the trip. Again you know are Terrain around here...

LOL....He wants more, he'll pay. I get 18 mpg with my 2500 in the summer. 5.9, auto, 3.55's, 17" tires.

I did not know you had 17 in tires on your truck. The spare I have for you is a 16.
Speaking of tires I have to go get tires put on the back of the dually. Got to go.

I did not know you had 17 in tires on your truck. The spare I have for you is a 16.
Speaking of tires I have to go get tires put on the back of the dually. Got to go.
Maybe it is 16's…. ????? :realcrazy:
Leaving myself, I'll check out the size.. LOL

No problem at all if I can use this ram? see it says so on the window sticker...
IMG_20190206_163044.jpg

According to my shipment manifest I should be ready Thursday, but you better get here quick because it'll be getting sold...

Listen to this guy?
The 2001 short bed 1500 against a 98 2500 long bed. That sounds like a fair race...

Listen to this guy?
The 2001 short bed 1500 against a 98 2500 long bed. That sounds like a fair race...
I guess it's my background in construction but I never could understand not buying the whole truck?..

Who has a short bed? I don't have no stinking short bed.

20190216_121233.jpg

But I did save a bunch when I switched to GEICO.

Jaws...…… JAWS...……… JAWS.....
I said 2500..... It's a long bed. A 3/4 ton long bed truck.

By the way, 16" rims... I checked before we left.....

318runituptheflagpole he ain't got no stinking short bed.
But if he would switch to Geico he'd save a ton of money

He ain't no Urban Cowboy he's an urban legend.

Urban? lol
He lives in Sticksville. He is so far north in Illinois he's in Wisconsin or South Canada.
You are correct. Woods, trees, hills, and a river by my house. AND.... we just went to Wisconsin today, on some back roads for fun....

-
Back